Jazz Fusion Playlist

It's possible even at the rate of 100 cd's per hour (but doing only 1 cd at a time, to the next & so forth = only need each lone cd uploaded once at 36 seconds) that the audio may equal or be where most are now on the web ? I think those hi speed dups sound fine on a home cd player. It may happen that clicking the speed to normal on final may kill the quality, unless the hi speed rip results in an automatic normal speed ( I think it would, it just needs interface ?) !

It’s not like what you’re saying is impossible, I suppose, but I know of no such machine that can be interfaced with a standard computer or a program that could handle multiple rips at once in the numbers you are describing. I have been a recording studio owner and own a 50 CD duplicator and an 8-drive duplicator; they simply duplicate CDs, nothing else. I suppose it’s possible to get an audio-savvy programmer to try and create the type of application and interface that you speak of, but I would think if such a thing were successful, it would be available already.

Most people choose between two options; 1) start the tedious process of digitizing your own hard-copy based media, or, 2) repurchase, beg/borrow/steal digital copies. When I did some DJing for awhile after being out of the game for years, I had to purchase several hundred basics from iTunes in order to kick start my digital library.

GJ

Yeah, that makes sense GJ, my studio is totally analog, 8 different reel machines, no digital, so I'm unfamiliar with it in digital world (old-timer).
Do you think instead of multiple interfaced rips, just doing 1 cd at 36 seconds, save, & repeat for next cd, etc, seems easy - just need a software program developed (or may be already) ? Or better yet...

In other words, simply electronically modify the duplicator to output into computer (seems simple). Then a 36 sec cd rip saved to file. The speed should be normal on playback. CD to next cd each 36 seconds, one at a time, (no need for multiple rips all at once).

What do you think ? There are tons of transfer interfaces from cheap ($20) up to better ones ($200) if even needed or not, and/or just the duplicator needs an output fitted with a cable to computer- seems easy ?

? I don't think the fast incoming speed of transfer matters to the file - it just goes in, is saved & thus is playable from file ?

I think you can eliminate the duper from your equation. It’s an unnecessary complication. If you get a relatively modern computer with decent processing, and a program like Sony Sound Forge (formerly by Sonic Foundry), you can “extract” (rip) songs and entire CDs in no time, into a myriad of file formats:

GJ

Yes, you're right, it can be done simply that way, maybe a bit longer time per cd if doing a ton of cd's.

The Sony software is nice, have a friend that has always used the Sony automatic guitar software for years. He quickly showed me playing guitar direct into computer (Sony then, has MAC now) while the sheet music printed out of what he is playing (all musical notation) - really nice & fast.

Cool exchanging with you, learned alot tonite ! Thanks !:)
:beerchug:

Sorry to fusioneers for us diverting to a related topic. Thought it might help anyone archiving their collection to broadcast. It's cool to think outside the box, magical things can happen ! Broadcasters must have this all down already, still lp & tape transfer is a slow challenge, who knows what can develop next ! ? ! Apologies.

@RhythmGJ

Just found this :) :thumbsup: :D :)

Someone actually makes the thing I described, to automatically hi speed transfer 20 cd's all at once direct into computer at 40X rate !!!!! It's fast !

Rate is 77 cd's per hour, at 46 seconds per cd !!!!!

Here's the links, the unit can be bought or rented - made by Primera Technology, Inc. (Bravo SE-3 unit)

https://www.networkworld.com/article/2344643/rent-a-disc-duplicator-to-convert-your-cds.html

https://www.primera.com/bravo-se-3-blu-cd-dvd-bd-publisher.html

clic on arrows (Primera site) for specs & videos too.

? there may be other mfrs ?

This looks high quality, fast and a start-up broadcasters' dream ! Can rent to try, then even buy if liked. Anyone willing to try it ?

1st article says you can also send your cd collection off (scary thought) to services which hi-speed rip them to computer format (maybe memory stick or download sent thru email ?, not sure).

Only part not sure of is 1st article says load 20 (different) cd's from collection to transfer to computer. Primare video only shows the standard "printing" duplication, but also says loads into computer in video and description print. Why someone wants 20 of same music title in computer doesn't make sense, so apparently you can use it either way - to simply make cd dupes, or more importantly load into computer (as both articles point out). Likely hit a button to do either function.

Even if had to load one cd by hand to the next cd & so on, it only takes 46 seconds per cd direct into computer file, all done - nothing more to do, no computer software to navigate (other than very initial first install only).

But the 1st article Networkworld really explains it best & the rental program is thru Primare. Networkworld says the stack (different cd titles) loads automatically, without having to do each cd one by one into computer.

Nice !
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Just got email from Primera, I asked them about it.

Yes, 20 different Audio cd titles will quickly & automatically all transfer into computer real fast using PTPublisher and iTunes or Media Player.

I thought so reading the specs & seeing interface there.

Also, additionally, they said (not our application) Data cd's (not Audio) can be done too, same idea, using their PTRobot software with help of a software developer. A bit more involved, but different application.

For fusion & prog - I may consider doing it, but not for a long time from now (couple years) due to more pressing time priorities here.

At first, buying the SE-3 seems appealing, but at the rapid rate it works, one can rent it for 1 month & comfortably do an entire cd collection for $250 only ! Anyone could do thousands of cd's in under 100 hours, and most collections likely under 50 hours; that's 12 hrs each week for 1 month & return the rented unit. Also, it has a 1 year warranty.

For me, the missing stuff is vinyl lp albums from about 1967 to 1985 that either were not issued on cd, or I just kept vinyl only. Those are some great & obscure titles, but too much time to transfer each one. Each lp has to be played at normal speed to interface it into computer - lp's are too time consuming. So those I wouldn't do, but wish could.

More Fusion & prog can spread www as a retirement project ! Maybe this machine may help others interested.

TGI . . Friday Fusion! :beerchug:

John Patitucci
GRP Digital Master, 1988

with Chick Corea, Dave Weckl, Michael Brecker, Peter Erskine, Vinnie Colaiuta and others on various tracks

What an incredible career John has had since his early days, a great guy indeed!

JohnPatitucci.jpg

20190222-165647.jpg

John Patitucci
GRP Digital Master, 1988

with Chick Corea, Dave Weckl, Michael Brecker, Peter Erskine, Vinnie Colaiuta and others on various tracks

What an incredible career John has had since his early days!

JohnPatitucci.jpg

20190222-165647.jpg

John Patitucci
GRP Digital Master, 1988

What an incredible career John has had since his early days, a great guy indeed!

JohnPatitucci.jpg

20190222-165647.jpg
Wow some serious players on this one

^^^ Saw that Urbaniak lp up there somewhere. Bought this lp new when it came out killer stuff with some of the best players out then!

Michal Urbaniak ~ Fusion III
Columbia, 1975

with Anthony Jackson, Gerald Brown, Steve Gadd, Larry Coryell, John Abercrombie and others on various tracks.

20190222-173155.jpg

20190222-173636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom