Jazz Fusion Playlist

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express Live at the Whiskey Vol 1 and 2...

augervol1-2-090810.jpg

Lenny White ~ Venusian Summer

Nemperor

LennyWhiteVensuianSummer-1.jpg

Lenny White, Tom Harrel, Hubert Laws, Larry Young, Jimmy Smith, Larry Coryell, Al DiMeola, Doug Rodrigues, Raymond Gomez.

Lenny White's first solo lp from '75. Always wanted this lp and found it in mint condition for a buck at a thrift this past week.

Good stuff Ed!! I saw Brian Auger's Oblivion Express in the early '70's. The encore song was Freedom Jazz Dance. Awesome!
I attribute the much greater tinnitus in my right ear from going to a Brian Auger concert in '77-78 thereabouts. I sat about eight rows from the front to the right side of the stage with my right ear toward a big bank of speakers for about 2 1/2 hours. Couldn't hear in that ear at all the next few days. I learned to take some ear protection with me from that point on.

almost 30 years later.. Brian Auger Live at the Baked Potato recorded in 2005..

auger-livebakedpot.jpg

Jack DeJohnette's Directions ~ New Rags

ECM

with John Abercrombie, guitar; Alex Foster, sax; Mike Richmond, bass

Recorded in 1977

First listen dollar lp in mint condition for the past week. I had the pleasure of seeing Jack's Directions in '74 with Abercrombie & Holland.

Jack%20DeJohnette%20New%20Rags.jpg

Last edited:
One of my all time fave Di Meloa's: Soaring through a Dream. Very hard to impossible to find on CD. This is my second vinyl copy. :yes:

Attachments

• Al De Meola and Trois Pistoles #2.jpg
    Al De Meola and Trois Pistoles #2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23
Jamaaladeen Tacuma "Renaissance Man"

I have this LP. Had it imported many years back.

Trying to let it grow on me, but it is a unique project, indeed.

Rome

Interesting music guys . . . I need to check Jamaaladeen Tacuma out.

Mike Nock ~ Ondas

ECM

MikeNockOndas.jpg

Mike Nock, Piano; Eddie Gomez, bass; Jon Christensen, drums

Mahavishnu Orchestra ~ Inner Mounting Flame

I grabbed this out of the Library the other day as I only have it on vinyl along with John McLaughlin ~ The Heart Of Things which I had never seen before. I can't believe it is the same John McLaughlin on ~ The Heart Of Things
[/QUOT

Love "The Heart of Things". Dennis Chamber's drumming on that is, well, typical Dennis..... which is friggin' sick.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Gotta love the album cover. Great tunes on this one....and guitar contributions from a young Scofield . Check out some live video performances of these tracks on YouTube (just search "Cobham Duke). Excellent.

Gotta love the album cover. Great tunes on this one....and guitar contributions from a young Scofield . Check out some live video performances of these tracks on YouTube (just search "Cobham Duke). Excellent.

Great lp. I saw them in concert back in '76 on that tour in Chicago with Sco & Alphonso. I stayed for both shows 2 nights in a row and even met Billy at one of the bars before the show. Excellent!

Great lp. I saw them in concert back in '76 on that tour in Chicago with Sco & Alphonso. I stayed for both shows 2 nights in a row and even met Billy at one of the bars before the show. Excellent!

You dog! LOVE Billy...one of my faves (I'm a drummer) and man, he was KILLIN' IT about that time in his career. What a show to catch!!

Back
Top Bottom