Jazz LP Motherlode at the GW This Morning

bobsvinyl

Painfully Aware
There were no yard sales of interest in my area today, so I decided to make a trip to the GW Buy the Pound. I picked up some good CDs, DVDs and books, but nothing to write home about. At 9:00 AM the GW retail store opens up next to BTP so I wandered into there.

The other day the record bins had been half empty but now they were full. That's a good sign. As I started digging, my heart began to race. Somebody had donated a large jazz collection. A few of the covers had mild wear, but the vinyl looked like it had rarely been played. There was also a handful of blues albums I picked up. When the dust settled, I had 30 albums, whittled down from about 50. I'm going to be on a high for awhile. To all you skeptics who say there's never anything good at the GW...

In there was a Lee Morgan Sidewinder on the NY Blue Note, Japanese pressed Gene Krupa with Obi intact, 3 record French reissue of early Charlie Parker LPs and much more. Here are the photos.

001 (8).JPG 002 (3).JPG 003 (2).JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

Man, that's a find alright!
I've stopped bothering digging through the record bins at GW, I'm going to have to start up again.

Introducing Roland Kirk with Ira Sullivan?
It's Monk's Time?
Miles and Monk at Newport?
Art Blakey's Witch Doctor?

Eternal gems -- I've listened to just those many, many, many times. A goldmine.

Congratulations on the amazing haul!! I have been searching my local area for some time for those canned heat albums with no luck, guess I'll eventually go to eBay. Anyways enjoy! :banana:

Why would you do that? That's like leaving a pile of tenners on the ground.

Is the Sidewinder an RVG? I really like that album.

There were a bunch of Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa , Ellington and Basie I decided to pass on. I was more than happy with the 30 I kept. The Sidewinder is an RVG as well as a couple of the Prestige LPs I also picked up.

Back
Top Bottom