JBL 035TI repair help!

GMAN1970

Does anyone know of a trick or easy way to remove the wire mesh grill off of this tweeter without messing it up? Any help would be appreciated!v1533604423464567771696.jpg

If the rubber O-ring is still in place around the mesh grille, pick it out with something and once the O-ring is removed the mesh will simply pull out. Sometimes the only resistance is magnetic but it's an easy removal. The O-rings were still available from JBL though with minimum shipping it's better to order a few items all together.

If the rubber O-ring is still in place around the mesh grille, pick it out with something and once the O-ring is removed the mesh will simply pull out. Sometimes the only resistance is magnetic but it's an easy removal. The O-rings were still available from JBL though with minimum shipping it's better to order a few items all together.
I got it! Thanks so much for the help!!! I was gentle with the o-ring, looks like it'll go right back in place!

I got it! Thanks so much for the help!!! I was gentle with the o-ring, looks like it'll go right back in place!

May be a little late now -- but all you gotta do is take a paper clip and loop it through the screen and gently pull upwards, I usually like to insert the paperclip on the side of the dome close to the o-ring -- It might work just as well by pulling from the center of the dome but I haven't tried it

Back
Top Bottom