JBL 590 speakers

steven94

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Did anyone here buy the JBL 590 speakers recently on sale from Newegg .com? Did you hear them before you got them, what did you think? How where they shipped?

I bought mine directly from JBL a few months ago on sale $900 a pair I think. They were shipped strapped to a pallet and sent by freight Saia I believe. Examine the feet ASAP and make sure they aren't damaged and unscrew the rubber feet and take them all out and buy some Auralex Subdude HT isolation panels ($80-100each) to set them on.

I bought mine directly from JBL a few months ago on sale $900 a pair I think. They were shipped strapped to a pallet and sent by freight Saia I believe. Examine the feet ASAP and make sure they aren't damaged and unscrew the rubber feet and take them all out and buy some Auralex Subdude HT isolation panels ($80-100each) to set them on.
How did the isolation panels change the sound? Did you remove the entire foot or just the rubber part?

OP - Mine came from Newegg but were shipped direct from JBL. They are in two boxes on a pallet. Mine came UPS Freight and I had to play the usual extra fee game with the driver...

Just the rubber part that unscrews. For me, the panels are more about isolating the sound from other rooms. My preamp isn't paid off yet so I have no input for how it changes the sound of the speaker. I have found that if you're putting the speaker on carpet, the panel increases stability.

Back
Top Bottom