JBL Aquarius any good?

Axcel

Accuphase all the way
have a line on a pair. JBL's are coming at me in all directions but have never heard them they look a wee bit unconventional. Any fb is appreciated

I had some IV's. As Zilch said, they're ambient. To quote another thread; not bad for what they are!

I wouldn't pay big bucks for them, they're an acquired taste.

JBL Aquarius any good?
I had a pair. Weird sound. The surround on the woofers was hardened but I could not imagine they ever would sound like real vintage JBLs. But they are just the right height for resting a drink during parties.

these oddball JBLs sometimes sell for good money to Asian collectors both here and abroad, I believe, as an AK meMber and local friend had a pair and sold them to just such a person.

I have a set of S109's in white and I will probably never get rid of them. Can't really say why I like them but they do have an inherent cool factor.

I saw a pair about 30 years ago. Never heard them.
IIRC, there are a few versions of the Aquarius.

Ron

I got a pair of the later version of the Aquarius 4, it was named the S2.

The S2 was produced in the 80's and has an 8" Driver, and 4 small tweeters in each cabinet.

The S2's that I have do not sound as good as my other multi-directional speakers.

I believe the original version "Aquarius 4" is more collectible, and has higher quality drivers. It may also sound better, but I have never heard it.

The later s2 that I have does not seem to be very efficient. I feal that although it does disappear easily do to it being omni-directional design, it does lack in range. I know it was designed to be run with a subwolfer, and I have never tried it with one.

If you can get them cheap, Lets say under $250. I would buy them, if you don't like them.

Then Post them on e-bay, and I'm sure you will profit.

But at the same time, I'm sure you could find a better sounding speaker for the $250 spent.

My wife doesn't like when I eat asparagus. Nasty urine smell.

How many here get the asparagus effect? :D

I have the asparagas problem.

I recently read an article that everyone gets it, but not everyone has the gene required to smell it.

Those that do have the gene to smell it, typically don't like the smell.

You miss read the title, it was "Aquarius" :banana:

Now I read that the Aqaurius speakers are very collectible in Japan. I have read various post on different message boards, that if you do sell them, you can make a large profit if your will be willing to ship them over seas.

I would probably buy them..... They do indeed have a cool factor. There the only JBL'S I now still own.... But I only collect the weird ones.

Through personal experience, I have found the effect is greatly multiplied when the asparagus gets steamed, as opposed to other cooking methods.

Back
Top Bottom