Jbl array 1000 with marantz og mcintosh

eag1

Hi.
Has anyone got any experience with jbl array 1000 and mcintosh ma7000. At the moment im using marantz sm11-s1 and sc11-s1 pre-power, but i find the sound a bit on the bright side, when i turn up the volume. So i was thinking about switching the marantz to a mac integrated. my guess is that the sound is a bit to the warmer/fuller side on a mac, but havent got the oppetunity to test it side by side, and i havent heard the speakers with the MA7000.

Or could it be the cables, speakers, or acustics of my livingroom that makes the sound bright. The only other speaker i have tested the marantz set on was sonus faber. So im not completly sure where the brigthnes comes from.
the source is benchmark dac1 usb and nothingham analogue interspace turntable.

I used a Mcintosh MC402 on 1400 Arrays. Highs were great-to me. The Mac did not 'control' the woofers to my satisfaction. I use what is in my signature and I love it.

I really do.:yes:

Ok. What cables do you use between the pre-power, and the to the speakers. Maybe this is where i should point my attention then. Unfortunatly i can't afford to upgrade the marantz.

I am using basic monster interconnect & 12 gauge speaker wire........I spent a bit on this system but have tried cables/wires of +$$$$$. No gain.

I dunno' what to say. I still have my McIntosh sitting...:smoke:

The 1000 Array uses a different HF driver than the 1400 Array. Both use the same UHF. Perhaps that is what you hear that is unsettling to you? I have never heard that driver, but suspect it is up to the task ( & more). I have a pair of JBL S/2600 that sound great with the McIntosh MC402. I doubt I will ever get rid of either of these speakers.

I use a MC602 on my 1400 arrays. Just love it! Have demoed a pair of 1000's but do not remember what power amp was used. It was nice tho!:yes:

i think i have some thick monster cable somewhere. Maybe i should try that. tryed out different interconnects xlr from cheap to ridecoules. bought the cheap ones. not much of a difference. I dont think the problem is with the speakers. cant remember reading anything about them being to bright. but then againg, neither should the marantz be.

Last edited:
As far as speaker wire/interconnects go, just use whatever you have around. Inexpensive should work the best!

Just rediscovered this thread.
The solution to the bright sound was a change of livingroom. Moved to a bigger place five years ago, and the system really blossomed. The only changes in the setup since i originaly posted is an upgrade of the turntable to a nottingham hyperspace and the adition of a jbl array 1500 subwoofer. Oh almost forgot, also an extra marantz sm-11s1.
As for the cables i changede them to some 12awg monstercable. Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom