JBL Bel-Aire speaker?

I once had just a single one. It had no feet and was water damaged real bad. No 075 or crossover. I sold it for $450 and that was a few years ago.

That's like the cats meow, too cool !

That would make a great center speaker for an audio/video system, like center rear !

It's one of the few things I regret selling. Wish I had it back for my mono system. I got a new dishwasher out of it though. :thumbsdown:

I regret selling it because I love MCM and it is a very MCM speaker. I just love the look. Plus, I have the crossover and tweeter for it now but no speaker. If I had another, I'd never sell it.

I regret selling it because I love MCM and it is a very MCM speaker. I just love the look. Plus, I have the crossover and tweeter for it now but no speaker. If I had another, I'd never sell it.
How did you find the crossover and tweeter?

They came out at the time when assembling a sound system had options of one set of speakers or two for stereo. Of course everyone knew that the new stereo formats (LP stereo, cassette tape stereo and multiplex stereo) would never work so best build a single channel system. Also cheaper.

They kinda remind me of the tube powered mini Ampex (model 620? 621?)speakers that used JBL components, from about the same time period, I'd say.
Both these and the Ampex are very cool nonetheless.

It would make a great extension speaker for an old KLH Model Eight, or even one of those Zenith or GE early tube stereo radios. One could even use it with a KLH 21 radio, or more modern Proton table radio.

I happened upon this thread researching the potential value & desire to possess some Bel Aire’s I’m sellling.
Funny to see the link for the local Craigslist ad I’d posted.
I now feel these deserve larger exposure for their sale and will pull local ad to start an eBay auction.
I’m in possession of many other Vintage JBL’s speakers and really want them to go to a true Audiophile that would appreciate their prestige.
Any input to my motive and tech information would be greatly appreciated.
Please message me if there is any interested for the Bel Aire’s w/ the S1 sub and I would also list my other holdings.

I happened upon this thread researching the potential value & desire to possess some Bel Aire’s I’m sellling.
Funny to see the link for the local Craigslist ad I’d posted.
I now feel these deserve larger exposure for their sale and will pull local ad to start an eBay auction.
I’m in possession of many other Vintage JBL’s speakers and really want them to go to a true Audiophile that would appreciate their prestige.
Any input to my motive and tech information would be greatly appreciated.
Please message me if there is any interested for the Bel Aire’s w/ the S1 sub and I would also list my other holdings.

Picture posted here for informational value would be interesting ...
but For Sale ads are limited to paid subscribers ....

Back
Top Bottom