JBL E100 / opinions please

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
Hey gang, help me out. . . I have 6 of these in my HT setup with the C35 center but. . .

I think I got too much speaker for my room (12x20). . . stereo is great using just the front two without the sub but something is missing when I run them all. . .Still good mind you but I think I liked my Super Ones (NHT) better for HT and besides not taking up so much room they were easier to place as is most small speakers.

I have a chance to sell 4 of them and I am thinking about going small again (6in 2ways) with little Paridigms (20s) or possibly DIY Daytons or the like. . .

This would leave me with two big boys left and the JBL center that most likely I would change as well. . .

I bought all these JBLs about 3 weeks ago when I bought everything new but I liked my older system except for my SVS sub better. The PB12plus/2 sub is incredible so regardless it stays. . .

Any ideas????

These

I saw the 100 in the name kinda took me back to older JBLs L-100/ 100T/ 100Ti S-112 etc. . . now Northridge E100. . .

Completely different situation but this might give you some ideas:

I have E-100s running in stereo and I find that they lack somewhat in the midrange as they are overpowered in the bass department. I have remidied this by running a pair of, 2way, medium/high pass bookshelf speakers with them. Maybe its the mids that are lacking.

Last edited:
HiFiber said:
Completely different situation but this might give you some ideas:

I have E-100s running in stereo and I find that they lack somewhat in the midrange as they are overpowered in the bass department. I have remidied this by running a pair of, 2way, medium/high pass bookshelf speakers with them. Maybe its the mids that are lacking.

Normally I run the "small" so the under 80hz material goes to my SVS sub. . . cleans them up a lot. . . You are right about midrange. . .cant hold a candle to JBLs midrange not so many years ago. . . not so forward and not as good sounding yet still nice for what they are.

My feelings are since I run them as "small" they will be replaced with real speakers that are small to begin with. . .

Back
Top Bottom