JBL ES250p Subwoofer Problems

cashman2310

Hey I am really new to this form, so I don't know if I am doing this right. I got a JBL es250p subwoofer when I hock it up I get a green light on the sub but no sound. I have tested the woofer and I get around a 4ohm reading. I am guessing the amp is out or something is not quite right. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Presuming you have a 5.1 receiver, check & make sure that it recognizes the sub (go to the set up)

Thank you so much for your input. I have a 7.1 Pioneer vsx-816. And i Tryed sub and sub pulse on the receiver and still nothing I am thinking it is in the amp of the subwoofer.

Thank you so much for your input. I have a 7.1 Pioneer vsx-816. And i Tryed sub and sub pulse on the receiver and still nothing I am thinking it is in the amp of the subwoofer.

I know some others here will cringe when I suggest this. The easiest way to see if the amp is good or cooked is to:

1 - With the amp off, unplug the RCA cable from the receiver
2 - Lower the sub amp volume knob down to 1
3 - Turn the sub amp on
4 - Touch the center pin on the RCA plug (the 1 you removed from the receiver) with your fingertip.

You should hear a hum. If you don't, turn the volume to 2 and try again. If you hear the hum, the amp is good. If you don't, either the cable is bad or the amp is dead.

If you do hear the hum, then you have something setup wrong on the receiver. Go thru the menu on the receiver and double-check all your settings.

Good Luck

One of the capacitors on the subs amp was burnt up. I had to trace the board until I found the messed up capacitor. The sub works great now and have not had any problems with it since. If you are good at reading schematics I would download it for the sub and trace it, or you can take it to a repair place and see how much they would charg to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom