JBL G300 3-way Speakers

Duke

I know these are perhaps not the top or middle of the line, but I purchased these cheap, and was hoping to put them in the garage for some music with a small receiver, instead of a boom-box.

Does anyone have any good, bad or indifferent comments on these, they are (1) 8" woofer, (1) 3" Mid-range and (1) 1" tweeter.

On one of the speakers, when the speaker wires are attached to the speaker, only the woofer plays, when I attach the speaker wire directly from the receiver directly to the tweeter, the tweeter plays, when I attach the speaker wires directly to the mid-range (when the mid range is internally wired) the woofer plays, but the mid-range does not. The Mid-range never plays . . .

I opened up the unit, removed the woofer, mid-range and tweeter to make sure all the connections were intact, the wires - cross over looked great, but the positive Ohm wire to the tweeter appeared to be a bit loose, I tightened it up, but still the same problems as noted above, only the woofer plays.

Any ideas, suggestions?

:dunno:

Russ,

Here's a picture . . .

Look forward to hearing from you . . . if you have any suggestions on how I might get these chanting!

Think I figured it out!

Hey ya'll . . .

Got it figured out.

Since each speaker has a woofer, midrange and tweeter, I was not sure if they drove off of each other . . .

But, after doin' this and doin' that, and putting this speaker here and thar - I think I figured it out.

Of the 6 speakers within the 2 cabinets, one mid-range is dead, and one tweeter's wires to the cross-over is bad.

So, all I need to is replace one mid-range and re-wire the tweeter wiring to the cross over and that should do it . . .

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom