Jbl junkie

Welcome, Joe! I think I speak for many of us here who are interested in that exact topic, especially (for me at least) the 43XX and 44XX series JBLs. I'll try to follow up with some more specific questions, but anecdotes are also welcome.

After being a huge JBL enthusiast, I got totally brainwashed by some snooty salesman in Torrance, who gave me the same line. Took me years to come back to my senses. :D

Good to have you on AK, Joe. You can be sure you will be peppered with JBL questions once you get better known here.

And as Zonker pointed out, it would be great to hear some stories of interesting installations you've done and experiences you've had in studios. I'm sure you have some great history to share.

GeeDeeEmm

Helping out Allan Parsins with monitoring the Pink Floyd vunyl remasters. Also the George Michael's vinyl remasters.

Just checking in to say welcome! I've got a lovely pair of 4301Bs that I would have a very hard time getting rid of for anything else. I stopped listening for things "wrong" with my speakers after I listened to a pair of JBLs.

Just checking in to say welcome! I've got a lovely pair of 4301Bs that I would have a very hard time getting rid of for anything else. I stopped listening for things "wrong" with my speakers after I listened to a pair of JBLs.

I also have a pair of 4301Bs, a pair of L19As and a pair of L36 Decades. Love them all. Those old JBLs had great bones. Makes them very worthwhile restoration projects.

I also have a pair of 4301Bs, a pair of L19As and a pair of L36 Decades. Love them all. Those old JBLs had great bones. Makes them very worthwhile restoration projects.
Also very easy to upgrade. Upgrade the caps on the crossover and you can replace the tweeter with the Dynaudo Esostar. Gives them a more modern sound

Interesting! Like this one?

s-l640.jpg

Also very easy to upgrade. Upgrade the caps on the crossover and you can replace the tweeter with the Dynaudo Esostar. Gives them a more modern sound

Interesting. I have recapped all of my JBLs. Would I need to change the value of the tweeter caps to work with the Dynaudio tweeter?

Welcome Joe. Any favorites over the years or any models stand out as the most frequently used / upgraded? Would love to hear more tips / tricks like your Dynaudio suggestion.

Any experience with L250s or L200Bs?

jbl joe...a humbling welcome...have a few nice jbl..and have sold a few ..the one brand that I always wish I would have kept...now I no longer sell my jbl goods .. its all ending up in asia or somewhere else...I will horde forever now....used to be a flipper now a firm hold on everything..

Back
Top Bottom