M50'sMike

Hello everybody, i need your help. My jbl l166 mid range isn't working, somebody on another thread suggested i clean the l-pads. I happen to have no idea what they look like, I cant find any visual aid. And (what i think are) the resistors have corrosion on the wires up to the thick flux-like brick. I replaced the already replaced woofers with 128h woofers from a L112. Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially from the JBL GrandMasters. I'll post pictures As soon as possible.

The red circle is what I think is there resistor and the two silver discs" are what I think are the l-pads and pretty sure the one for the presence is the one to question. The knob is a lot harder to turn than the other

Attachments

• 7331.jpeg
    7331.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 7333.jpeg
    7333.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 7332.jpeg
    7332.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 7331.jpeg
    7331.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
Correct. And you can easily pry off the back covers of the L pads, spray Deoxit cleaner on the innards, cycle them a bunch of times, and likely get your midrange working again!

I think I saw a post that you posted in talking about the l pad I don't remember if it was your thread or not but the pictures did not work I'm glad I was right about the l pad should I unscrew the l-pad from the speaker beforehand and just use my knife?

Correct. And you can easily pry off the back covers of the L pads, spray Deoxit cleaner on the innards, cycle them a bunch of times, and likely get your midrange working again!
I think I saw a post that you posted in talking about the l pad I don't remember if it was your thread or not but the pictures did not work I'm glad I was right about the l pad should I unscrew the l-pad from the speaker beforehand and just use my knife?

So I finally got the back off of my iPad I had to use one of those hook hand tools because the tabs go underneath the l pad itself and so you had to pry from an odd angle. I'm guessing the inner ring is for the mid?? I've spent about 20 minutes cleaning it out with deoxit it doesn't look a whole lot different since when I started but it seems like in the inner ring there was some type of Gray oxidization perhaps? Not sure though, it seemed like there was something in there. I'll post a picture so others know what the inside of a l166 l-pad looks like :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170505_091951388_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20170505_091951388_TOP.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom