JBL L200 Studio Master

faber12

Addicted Member
A friend of mine brought these to my attention, I think he is interested in them for himself. They are located in central Ohio, and the asking price is $1,000 firm.

He is wondering if this is a good price, for a local sale, about 2 hrs drive away.

Obviously the Piezo tweeters are not original. Those two extra holes should affect the value a little. Other than that, and no grills, they are probably fine.

Here are pictures, because::needpics:

JBL_L200_1.jpg JBL_L200_2.jpg JBL_L200_3.jpg JBL_L200_4.jpg JBL_L200_5.jpg JBL_L200_6.jpg JBL_L200_7.jpg JBL_L200_8.jpg JBL_L200_9.jpg JBL_L200_10.jpg

Thank you for your time. Obviously, no affiliation, not selling these.

If the horns work and the crossover has not been buggered up too much to install the piezo tweeters, it could be a reasonable deal.
No grills? The grill is generally a wood frame with window-screen and had sculpted foam glued on
(the foam would have rotted and fallen off years ago, but the frame is helpful to install NEW foam if you want a nicer look.) You can build a new grill/frame, just takes some time.

Heather, thank you for your input. I just realized you are now a moderator/staff member. That is cool.

I linked my friend to this thread, we will see what he thinks. They definitely have potential.

Why would somebody stick garbage piezos into a speaker of that caliber? I suspect the horn doesn't work. Are those field replaceable diaphragms?

Interesting, just saw a pair of JBL L 200A on the Grand Rapids MI CL yesterday.
Don't see those around here very often.

Why would somebody stick garbage piezos into a speaker of that caliber? I suspect the horn doesn't work. Are those field replaceable diaphragms?

The LE85's are easy enough to replace the diaphragms. That price is a bit on the high side for ones that have extra holes cut in them, but a good set of LE85s with horn and diffuser get a lot of your money back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom