JBL L300 placement

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by rocknroll1, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM.

1. rocknroll1

rocknroll1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am getting ready to set new to me L300's. I will not be able put them in the spot I have picked out for them due to some not having the room ready for them. The only place I can put them is 10 feet away from back wall and about 2 feet from side walls 8 feet apart. Listening spot will be about 12 feet away. I know this isn't ideal but what affect on the sound will this have. I am guessing less base. just wondering because this will be the 1st time for me to listen to them.

2. wmgwizard

wmgwizard AK Subscriber Subscriber

They might actually sound pretty good in that location.

Being away from the back wall will reduce the potential for "boominess" or sounding "muddy".

If you can tame the early reflections from the near/side wall you should end up with a pretty flat/uncolored presentation.

You might consider setting them on some 12"-18" tall stands and toe them slightly towards your listening position.

3. rocknroll1

Thanks, they sounded pretty good toed in but know stands. I will have to get someone to help to get them on stands. My permanent spot for them will be about 10 feet apart with me sitting about 15 feet away. I can have them up to 3 from back wall and 1-2 feet from side walls. Does that sound about right?

4. wmgwizard

wmgwizard AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Does that sound about right?"

Only your ears will know for sure.

Experimentation is part of the process, and ultimately some of the enjoyment of this hobby.

Everyone hears, and listens differently, as long as it sounds good to you, that's all that matters.

jobrewer1983 and darkblue94 like this.
  5. restorer-john

restorer-john Super Member

Yep, the placement in your room is far from ideal.

They will suit my listening room much better, bring them over and I'll look after them for you. :)

Ds2000 likes this.
  6. rocknroll1

OK I will email them to you, address?

restorer-john likes this.
  7. rocknroll1

Man Dark Side Of the Moon at 11:00 on the dial with 200 WPC is MIND BLOWING. Sweet spot on these speakers

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 10:02 PM
    Marine0811 likes this.