JBL l300's

rocknroll1

I purchased these about 5 months ago and am really just getting to hear them for the 1st time. I did listen to them for few minutes when I got home with just make sure everything works. Long story short one of my daughters, her husband and there new born moved in while they remolded there house about the time I got them. Don't get me wrong I love having them here, especially being my 1st grandchild . Anyway they use my stereo room (it use to be kids playroom) as an extra room since it adjoins there bedroom. The JBL's are shoved in a corner out of there way. Today i said screw it, got my hand truck and moved them out in the middle of the room for a listen (not an ideal placement I know) . Damn those things are hard for an old man to move alone. Well it was worth the trouble, they sound awesome and the sound stage is great especially for just putting them in the middle of the room. I still have cornwalls and always thought I was a true klipsch fan but these have converted me. About the time I got these I found a good deal on A accuhase p400 amp (200 wpc) and c240 pre which they are hooked to right now. Seems to be a nice match. They will be here for about 6 more weeks but i bet sneak a few more listens while they are at work. The listening room will get a full make over after they leave. Question; I am getting a little static when adjusting the brilliance and presence on the speakers, can I spray them with de oxit from the outside or do I have take them out to clean them?

Try just using flathead screwdriver and working controls back and forth about 50 times each. I wouldn’t recommend drilling through foilcal to access pots. But you could access the pots to clean them through woofer hole.

Try just using flathead screwdriver and working controls back and forth about 50 times each. I wouldn’t recommend drilling through foilcal to access pots. But you could access the pots to clean them through woofer hole.

I will try turning them 40 or so times 1st as I will be putting in new crossovers soon.

I deoxited mine via the woofer hole, and it was harder than you would think. They are way up in there. I had to use this to assist me:

IMG_20160907_225751_063.jpg

I suspect you are going to love those l300's! Keep us posted on your impressions once you get them settled and dialed in¡

I am having some Nelson Pass crossovers built so will see. I thought I would try those before I recap the originals. If I like them I will keep the old ones original for resale. If I don't like them I will recap old ones.

Back
Top Bottom