JBL Lancer 33

Probably a few hundred; those LE8T (?) drivers are pretty valuable alone, if they're in there.

I should note, this thread belongs in Dollars and Sense, because it's about pricing.

I sold a pristine pair of L44's at a garage sale in '02, for $5. Demand has increased since.

They look like Lancers I had a long time ago. If the 8" drivers have the white surrounds, they harden to stone, brittle stone that cracks. A friend said brake fluid would revive them (I didn't try). I thought about a foam-surround repair but didn't like the speaker enough (the cabinets were so badly scratched I'd've had to refinish them too — just too much work).

Probably a few hundred; those LE8T (?) drivers are pretty valuable alone, if they're in there.

I should note, this thread belongs in Dollars and Sense, because it's about pricing.

Thank you, someone else responded likewise on an old Blaupunkt Console at this same auction. I reposted in Dollars and Sense. I now know better,:whip::beerchug:

They have a nostalgic value that is far beyond their value as sound-reproducers. But I'm not a flipper, so I don't care. The LE8 is a pretty driver but that's about as far as it goes. Beautifully made and a lovely thing to look at, just don't waste your time in critical listening with it.

Back
Top Bottom