JBL LC312-1 Info Needed

ahk26

Picked these up at the flea market today. Nice large cabinets and they sound nice but need a re-foam. Not much info on the net about these. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Found a little information and it turns out these were made in 1995. Not vintage but they do sound nice. They are a 3 way design with a 12" woofer and the surrounds are starting to show signs of cracking. My question is the woofer cones appear to be a "plastic" material or some other type of hard shiny looking material. Is there anything special about re-foaming these? Also I cannot find a source for the new surrounds (my guess is because they are not that old yet). Is there a good source for JBL surrounds?

Hey, I just pickup up a super nice pair of these, for free, and the guy Igot them from had one foam replaced, but I didnt ask where. did u find surrounds?
I know this is a old thread, but was googling info for these, and came here first.
hope you still around.

I've got a pair that the woofers need refoam. The woofers are nothing special so I might replace them. Would it cause any problems if I use 4 ohm woofers? My amp can handle the load.

They're in good condition except for the woofers foam.

Attachments

• received_10214478166123479.jpeg
    received_10214478166123479.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom