JBL LE-20 tweeter removal from cabinet?

Sonance'84

moe.ron
Subscriber
I have an orphan L55 that I'm having a difficult time removing the LE-20 tweeter from. There aren't any screws showing, but looking online, I see the faceplate does have screw holes.

Do I have to remove the top "foil" sticker in order to get to the screws or is the driver glued into the cabinet?

Resized_20171121_164403.jpeg

Can you reach into the woofer hole and feel around the back of the tweeter, to see if there are any T-nuts back there?

(Although, as I think about it, those tweeters might have been mounted with wood screws.)

Or maybe gently try to lift one edge of the bezel and look under it?

Last edited:
Can you reach into the woofer hole and feel around the back of the tweeter, to see if there are any T-nuts back there?

(Although, as I think about it, those tweeters might have been mounted with wood screws.)

Or maybe gently try to lift one edge of the bezel and look under it?

No t-nuts or anything on the back. I'll try low heat and lift the bezel tomorrow.

No t-nuts or anything on the back. I'll try low heat and lift the bezel tomorrow.

Just heat the very outer edges, and gently pry the foil with a putty knife. Or heat the putty knife blade and then work it under the foil. That may be the safest.

Back
Top Bottom