JBL re-introducing the L-100

The same Chris Hagen who designed the JBL L7, L5, L3, and L1?
I feel somewhat relieved.

That's very cool! :beerchug:

I am looking forward to it's release. Should be a very good speaker. I will be interested to see how it compares in quality to a Klipsch Forte III (of which I have two pairs).

I still would probably go with the 4319 for the same price. or in a different direction Tekton double Impacts

System Type: 3-way Bookshelf Loudspeaker
Tweeter: 1-inch Titanium dome with soft surround (JT025TI1-4)
Midrange: 5 1/4 inch Polymer-coated, Pure Pulp cone (105H-1)
Woofer: 12 inch Pure Pulp cone (JW300PW-8)
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Recommended Amplifier Power: 25-200 Watts RMS
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
Frequency Response: 40Hz-40kHz (-6dB) (Nay)
Crossover Frequencies: 450Hz, 3.5kHz
Controls: Attenuators for Mid- and High-Frequency Drivers
Connector Type: Five-way gold-plated Binding Posts (Yey)
Finish: Genuine Walnut veneer cabinet (with Quadrex Foam Grill, choice of Black, Burnt Orange or Dark Blue)
Dimensions (HWD): 25.06" x 15.34" x 14.625"
Weight: 58.5 lbs.

Last edited:
JBL Joe. When your ready. Let me know when you put the 4435s up on the meat block. Are they in Vegas?
Yes. They are actually in Henderson, where I live. When I say Henderson I get "Huh, where"? It's easier to say Vegas. I really don't let any of my monitors go to other homes. Working for JBL for 25 years, it took quite a while to amass my collection.
I am actually making good money renting them out to engineers who are doing remasters of classic rock and jazz lp's on vinyl and they want to recreate the mastering chain.

If you were to keep say 1 bookshelf, 1 floorstander and 1 studio monitor from your collection, what would it be ?

They are all studio monitors with the exception of some L series....L 100, L 200, L300, L220.
Altec Stonehenge II

The 4319 has better mid and high freq. drivers compared to the 4312se. The 4312se is basically a redo of the last 4412. 4319 sound WAY better. I would take the 4319 over the L100. Simply because I will always take the pro studio version over the L series. For 25 years I was there for the design, build and testing. Plus I worked for JBL Pro outfitting recording studios with JBL and Altec monitors.

Back
Top Bottom