JBL sovereign C60 SR8

J gonsalves

I just picked up a pair of these JBL sovereign C60 SR8 speakers. The woofers need refoam just wondering what the best ones would be for me to get.(best place also) I was very happy once I got them home and pulled out the woofers. The cabinets showed alot of wear but inside is like a time capsule. Got them from the daughter of original owner. Not sure if I should do anything except refoam?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20180520_141119905.jpg
    IMG_20180520_141119905.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
I was happy with foam from SimplySpeakers in both my C-60 Sovereign's. I had both SR7 & SR8 versions and re-foamed all four woofers myself. Others will come along and disagree, I'm sure.

Make sure a pro does the refoam if your not experienced. You have a 4,000.00 set of speakers there. I’d listen to them before recapping. If your not sure about keeping I’d hold off on recap as many Asian collectors want things as original as possible. Enjoy those monsters.

Make sure a pro does the refoam if your not experienced. You have a 4,000.00 set of speakers there. I’d listen to them before recapping. If your not sure about keeping I’d hold off on recap as many Asian collectors want things as original as possible. Enjoy those monsters.

Yes I'm thinking of just doing a refoam and then playing them. The cabinet finish is pretty worn not sure I'll touch it. These were for sale about a month ago then the seller decided against selling then I got a call with a much better price less than half of the original asking price

Back
Top Bottom