JBL Tweeter Problem.......

BKville

I have two pair of the tweeters pictured below, not sure of the model number & I stole this picture, and all four have at least one corner broken off...

Has anyone had any luck gluing these back together.. What kind of glue should I try...

Thanks, Brent

I use a 2 part epoxy. Just look in the adhesive department of
a home improvement store, should be next to the super glue.
I think it is made by devcon or something like that.
It will have 2 tubes, one with a white cap and one with a black cap.
Just mix equal parts and apply. It should only be a couple bucks.
I even used this stuff to repair a broken pot shaft on a receiver.
To this day, I can't tell it was ever borken.

Originally posted by tom1356
Super glue gel, or my favorite, Gorilla glue.

Nooo Not super glue !!!

Super glue can "Craze" some plastics to the point that they just desintegrate, not all plastics, but abs and the like for sure.

I use a product called PIC, and another called Tenax R-7. These are the same thinning compounds used in the manufacture of plastics and work great. theres a little trial and error in learning to use them as they are thinner than water but they actually melt the two pcs back together.

Most plastic shops and hobby shops should have these.

Eric

Thanks guys...

I checked out that Gorilla Glue website... Looks like that stuff will work on most anything... I'll have to get some of that to keep for around the house..

2 part epoxy you can get that at about any hardware store.. I've never tried epoxy.. Guess I'll get some..

PIC and Tenax R-7 actually melts the plastic back together... Now that sounds interesting... But I probably won't find it right local...

Come to think of it... I also have one of those play push buttons from a cassette deck that broke off... Super glue wouldn't do anything with that.. Maybe epoxy would...

Later, Brent

Back
Top Bottom