JBLMAR aka Ron - Sansui repair

BSpaaudio

Has anyone heard from Ron in Brooklyn? He goes by JBLMAR on the forum. He repairs Sansui gear.
Please PM me if you know him well or live near him.

Thanks,
Russ

I met him in August and dropped off an amp for repair. I spoke to him three or four few weeks ago. But now I can't get in touch with him. His phone seems to be off. I hope all is well.

If anyone lives close by it might be time to stop in and check on Ron

I met him in August and dropped off an amp for repair. I spoke to him three or four few weeks ago. But now I can't get in touch with him. His phone seems to be off. I hope all is well.

If anyone lives close by it might be time to stop in and check on Ron

Unfortunately I don't know exactly where he lives. The one time he did work for me we met in a park near his apartment for drop off and pick up. There have been stretches of time when I wasn't able to reach him and then eventually he called me back.

I also have an old Sansui amp and an audio technica turntable that Ron has and is repairing. He responded to an email on August 3rd and that was the last I have heard from him. I've called every 2 weeks or so and emailed and haven't gotten any response. i finally thought to check this forum because that is where i got his info for the repair. He lives out near coney island on west 5th st. Anybody heard anything? i hope he is ok.

I tried calling two different numbers I have for him and got unavailable messages. But as I recall this has happened before and it was because he was in the hospital having some medical procedures.

Hey everyone, I just spoke to Ron's brother and learned that, unfortunately, Ron passed away last week after being very sick for the last 4 months. If anybody has gear that Ron was fixing or would like to get in touch with his brother for any reason, send me a private message and I'll get you his number.

That's sad to hear. I don't have any gear with him, but thank you for helping out those that do. For what it's worth pass on my condolences to his brother please.

I never interacted with Ron, but was following this thread. Am quite touched by how nice this AK community is. My condolences to Ron's family and all those who knew him well.

Back
Top Bottom