jblmar

pustelniakr

Silver Miner at Large
Subscriber
I've bought a couple of things from Ron: a 1/4" tape splicer and an original Pioneer 7" metal takeup reel. Both were in excellent shape and packed very well. Shipping was quick and correspondence was good natured and without delays.

Well done Ron.

Rich P

I also want to sing Ron's praises!

Ron has my CT-F1250 on his bench right now, and even though I do not have the unit returned and running, I want to express my gratitude for his patience and professionalism. The job turned out to be a lot more than we expected, with some of the work being "outsourced" to other AK'ers: Pustelniakr (motor rebuild) and Terry Witt (rollers). Ron packed up the shipments and I ordered a UPS pickup from his house each time.

Not only that, but when something on the electronic side (as opposed to mechanical) went awry, Ron took care of it at no extra cost to me.

I'll be more than happy to put up another post once my CT-F1250 is happy at home, but in the meantime I just wanted to let everyone know how Ron will bust his ass for you.

Well, I got my CT-F1250 back, and paired with my SX-1050, this thing sounds and functions AWESOME! Thank you very much, Ron! He did a great job, was very up front with all costs, and an excellent communicator.

A+, dude!

Gotta speak about jblmar...once again, he comes through for me. I'm restoring several Pioneer R2Rs, and want fresh brake pads on any R2R I sell. Such things are hard to find without friends like jblmar. I just picked up enough felt brake pads to do all 5 of my R2Rs.

Thanks alot my friend...

Rich P

Highly recommended

I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Ron for his friendly service and sales. I was needing some brake felts for my old Sony R2R tape deck and thanks to recommendations from other AKers he hooked me up with what I needed. I highly recommend him for your tape deck needs. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks Ron,

- Mike

You're welcome Mike. Try to get the same thickness on each side. You may need a spring scale to get the brake tension even. Don't try the deck with good tapes at first.

Ron

A cheer for Shear!

Thanks to selfless Ron, I now have a very nice 7" TEAC take-up reel for my last two decks! Now all three TEACs have on their home uniforms .

(and about half what I'd have paid on th'Bay, shipped quicker and packed better) :thmbsp:

Now, if he could just hook me up with Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks... :boink:

bOUddha said:
Thanks to selfless Ron, I now have a very nice 7" TEAC take-up reel for my last two decks! Now all three TEACs have on their home uniforms .

(and about half what I'd have paid on th'Bay, shipped quicker and packed better) :thmbsp:

Now, if he could just hook me up with Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks... :boink:
Sorry. I only have 1 of each :D
Enjoy your reels.

Ron

Ron isn't just a great guy to deal with, he makes you feel like a friend! Very willing to make sure that everything is straight and upfront. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him him for any of your needs. 5 stars!

Some more positive feedback for fellow Brooklynite jblmar. Ron took the time to diagnose, repair and calibrate my Luxman integrated amp. He couldn't have been more up front with what was required to get my wounded amp back on it's feet. Price was reasonable, and level of communication excellent. I recommend his services highly. Thanks again, Ron.

Last edited:
You're welcome, Joe
It was a pleasure dealing with you. I know how much you wanted the amp repaired. I was glad to help you. You should have years of enjoyment from your Luxman. Enjoy your tunes.

Ron

Last edited:
Great Karma

When my SL-1300 began to show it's advanced age, I was at a loss. Ship it out for repairs with all the associated risks, or junk it and buy another TT. I started a thread to see if anyone had suggestions for repair that were within my severely limited technical ability and was extremely lucky to have made contact with Ron. I took the TT to him yesterday and have just returned home with a fully functioning SL-1300 once again, 24 hours later! He is a true gentleman, very astute and possesses a wealth of knowledge. Fair to a fault, his price was reasonable and he made cetain that I clearly understood what was involved. Without AK, and its great members such as Ron. I would still be without music :tears: and wondering what to do! Thanks again, Ron!! :bigok:

You're more than welcome Bill. It was great meeting you and discussing audio among other things. You have a very good turntable that will give you years of enjoyment. Enjoy! :thmbsp:

Ron

jblmar and the Philips GA-212

Thumbs up for Ron, who has successfully brought my Philips GA-212 turntable back from the beyond. This is the turntable from my first "real" system, bought in 1976. It had not been used since the mid-eighties and was a mess: Filthy, with its touch-sensitive controls burned out, on-off switch broken, platter mat de-laminating from the platter, etc. Just what you'd expect from this model, in fact. ;)

It was not a straightforward fix, involving sourcing nearly unobtainable parts from one supplier, then carefully tracing a cold solder joint on the circuit board...but it's back, and it looks and sounds wonderful.

Kudos to Ron for his patience, expertise and friendliness. Strongly recommended.

Just set up the Marantz2325 that Ron repaired and sweet music has returned to my Marantz.

Ron did a nice job keeping me in the loop on all the steps he was taking. Also, it was a great pleasure to meet in person to p/u and chat for a while.

Truly an asset to AK!

You're welcome, Doug.
It was nice meeting you too.
You have a very nice 2325.
Enjoy your music.

Ron

Ron is GREAT

So I finally got myself a Marantz 300DC amp that was listed as having a switch problem. I asked a question on AK and Ron replied with a suggestion and an offer to look at it. The amp turned out to be a little more messed up than we both thought, but after few weeks of hard work and dedication Ron not only brought it back to life but made it sound better than new. In fact, he did such a great job that I entrusted him with servicing my 2130 tuner and 3250 preamp. The system now sounds fantastic, all thanks to Ron's dedication, love of vintage gear and perseverence. He also just finished fixing my 1250 Int Amp and I can't wait to pick it up and give it a listen.

Ron, you're great. Not only do you do whatever it takes to do the job (like staying up till 4:00AM to trace cold solder joints and investigate problems) but you charge incredibly reasonable rates and give way more love and attention to vintage Marantz gear than anyone I've ever had experience with.

I love my Marantz gear and I love guys like Ron who are so dedicated to keeping it singing forever.

Thanks Ron :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Richard

Back
Top Bottom