Jean Claude Van Johnson

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by botrytis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Watching the first episode, it is hysterical. I love the fact Jean Claude is making fun of himself. Anyone else see it?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. audiomagnate

audiomagnate Addicted Member

I tried, but gave up about 20 minutes in.

3. BigElCat

BigElCat AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just watched the first episode; I like it...very funny stuff.

I tried watching Sneaky Pete. I'm a fan of Giovanni Ribisi, but Sneaky Pete doesn't work for me. The supposed intrigue is over-wrought.

4. BigElCat

I just finished Episode 6, the end of season 1.

I won't spoil anything, but the plot builds into something extremely intense and sinister. I've always had this idea that Ridley Scott, the Executive Producer, is part of the real world Illuminati. I mean, maybe not, but wow ! IMHO, he really knows what's going on but has to present it in novel allegory.

And Jeff Bezos, Mr. Amazon, is now the wealthiest man on the planet, at least as far as reported wealth goes.

The campy humor in Jean Claude Van Johnson remains to the end, but the plot is really dark. It's really well done, the most captivating motion picture I've seen in several years.

5. botrytis

I thought the whole thing with making fun of himself well worth it. It was a riot. Also, he always finished the bad guy in each episode with a 'Blood Sport' move and that to me is REALLY FUNNY. The man must have a great sense of humor to poke fun of himself like that.

6. BigElCat

In one random scene, JCVD is scrubbing a statue of himself when two young women ask if they could get a picture with their phone.

He starts to squeeze in for a selfie, they say "No, just the two of us". He starts to take the picture with his statue in the background, they say "No, the building, the Ministry of Agriculture". Funny stuff.

botrytis likes this.
  7. Mrv8q

Mrv8q Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, JCVJ not renewed for a second “season”.

8. botrytis

AWW - that is sad - it was hysterical.

9. BigElCat

I bet season 1 will be pulled from circulation due to the "allegory" I mentioned in post 4.

It's a little too real, the narco trafficking, experiments with weather mod, etc. Maybe the people that talk about that stuff are all crazy.

The show is critically acclaimed with the highest ratings on Amazon. Better watch it while you can.

Please register to disable this ad.

10. botrytis

I saw the whole season and was laughing my butt off. My wife thought it was hysterical too.

11. BigElCat

In the sub-movie, Huck, the actor named Victor plays N-Word Jim, JCVJ plays Huck.

Victor bangs JCVJ's girlfriend, and the next day, Huck has to save N-word Jim's life in the most dramatic scene in movie history.

"Take My Hand, Huck" !

I just about busted a gut laughing.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018