Jensen LS-6 Speaker Owner's Needed

doctorolds

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently acquired a pair of Jensen LS-6 Speakers that have had the woofers replaced by the previous owner. I was hoping that another AK member owns a set and was willing to pull the woofer to obtain the model number from the back of the driver so I can try to find some original driver's.

My LS-6's are from 1978 and Jensen did produce an LS-6B afterwards with a different tweeter that may have the same woofer as the LS-6. There was also a predecessor, the Model 6 which may have used the same woofer. There is a set of Model 6 woofers on ePay currently that show C15MF on the back of the driver and the listing indicates that they were pulled from a Model 6.

Any input is appreciated as always!

You should post pictures of what you have, may help. There are some members here with those, i'm sure.

In an effort to keep this thread visible I attached a couple of pictures. The original woofers were replaced with the Radio Shack model shown and they have pretty good reviews. They may sound better or worse than the originals, but I guess I will find out if I ever find a pair.

Jensen LS-6 005.jpg Jensen LS-6 009.jpg

The LS6 look like they MAY be equivalents with the Jensen OPC25 model speaker. I have the OPC24 with 12" so can't help you. The tweeter and mids are almost certainly the same.

On the OPC series, woofer foam was blue, mid was yellow, tweeter had red foam ring around it.

I don't think the LS series did the same color coordination.

There is a similar woofer sitting on the Doc of the Bay right now. 4 mounting holes, # C-9849 31092. Might be these?...

FYI, the good folks at Simply Speakers told me that we can paint foam surrounds!. Can't remember what brand or type of spray paint to use but
you can call them. They say that there is no ill effects doing this.
They have the mid's foams and the woofer's.
If you want to go all the way, you could refoam all 6 drivers with light blue
brand new surrounds!. Painted before install of course.

How are the twin mids foams?, thought they were blue originally, like the woofers foams?.
The midrange foams are bad as always, no big deal since I already have replacements. They were originally blue, but turn to that ugly green color after time.

There is a similar woofer sitting on the Doc of the Bay right now. 4 mounting holes, # C-9849 31092. Might be these?...

I contacted the ePay seller previously, but I can't remember his response. I just sent him another message. Every Jensen 15" woofer I find the owner or seller cannot verify the model it came from, it's very frustrating.

Thanks for your input guys!

FYI, the good folks at Simply Speakers told me that we can paint foam surrounds!. Can't remember what brand or type of spray paint to use but
you can call them. They say that there is no ill effects doing this.
They have the mid's foams and the woofer's.
If you want to go all the way, you could refoam all 6 drivers with light blue
brand new surrounds!. Painted before install of course.

I have heard about dying the surround's, but not painting them. I would think that the paint would have adverse effects, but I could be wrong. I would really like to make them blue as they were originally, but I need to do some more research before i decide how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom