Jensen Model 4 Tweeter

I'm not sure where you're located, but there is a single complete model 4 speaker on ePay in Connecticut for $50 or make offer. If you're not local enough to pick them up maybe he will ship the driver's minus the cabinets at a decent price. Good luck.

Also, welcome to the AK forum!

FleaBay is about the only place to look for a replacement for that particular tweeter as mentioned in the previous post. Jensen used phenolic dome tweeters in many of their models over the years typically marked as "sonodome" tweeters but the appearance and faceplate of the Model 4 tweeter is different from the sonodome tweeters that came in earlier models. Any similar looking tweeter from other Jensen models being offered at the same time the Model 4 was for sale should be the exact same driver. Good luck!

I'm not sure where you're located, but there is a single complete model 4 speaker on ePay in Connecticut for $50 or make offer. If you're not local enough to pick them up maybe he will ship the driver's minus the cabinets at a decent price. Good luck.

Also, welcome to the AK forum!
Thanks for the advice. I did end up buying the guts from this speaker. The seller was kind enough to send me all the parts besides the cabinet to save on shipping. He even sent me the insulation from the inside of the cabinet! I swapped out the tweeter and it sounds great. While I was inside the cabinet I checked the capacitors and they look fairly new. Definitely not original. I was thinking of attempting to change them out but I think I won’t now because they aren’t the original caps and the speakers sound good to me. I’ve never recapped before and even though I would like to try, I think I’ll leave well enough alone.

Now you have some spare drivers, or you could resell em on the bay and maybe get most of your money back.

For future reference (hope you never need it) it's always good to post a pic of the front and back of a driver you're looking for. Sometimes they appear in more than one speaker of that brand, or even in other brands, and people might recognize it by sight. Whereas only someone who has a Model 4 would know what the tweeter looks like.

This reminds me that I gotta get around to refoaming the woofers on my Model 4's someday... :rolleyes:
Already have the foams too,just gotta get off my @ss & do 'em.

Sigh.

Bret P.

Back
Top Bottom