JICO Canada

Van_Isle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone had any experience with these guys? https://jicocanada.com/

They are located in Nevada?? Prices in USD. But free shipping to Canada is free over $79.95 order.

Did one spot check on a JICO SAS (boron cantilever) for the Shure V15 III and they are $50 cheaper than LPGear.

Did a search here ... didn't come up with any info, but I might have missed it.

Never heard of them

From their "About" page

JICO Canada® is an authorized dealer of LP TUNES with authority to sell JICO products with a focus of serving the Canadian stylus market. JICO Canada® is not a subsidiary or affliate of Jico and Nippon Precision Jewel Industry Co. Ltd

shame the prices are in USD only but I would like to know if they are NAFATA or is it CAMUS now :) Certified (like DigiKey) so we don't have to pay Customs

Edit - I emailed LPTunes and they say Jico Canada are authorized by them.

Last edited:
Looks to be another offshoot of LPgear.
With all due respect to those that had good service(luck?) with them, they won't get another dollar from me. And I'm being nice.

Wow, I know I haven't bought a SAS for a long time but, wow those prices have sky rocketed in the past couple of years! Should have bought more in the past!

I would be more tempted if they used or accepted CAD over USD.

I get ticked off with Canadian companies that insist on selling to their home market in US dollars. Grrr....

Perhaps even more annoying for Jico Canada, they are based in the US

I asked about Shipping and this is the reply

------
For Canada, we use USPS International:
First Class Airmail International
Priority Airmail International
Express Airmail International

We do offer for free shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.95
But only for First Class Airmail International.

Other extra services like First Class Registered Airmail (we do recommend this for a high-value order),
Priority Mail International, Express Mail International, etc. customer will need to pay for there Shipping and Handling fee.
------

Canadian Catch 22? If I buy an SAS I can get free shipping but no tracking

Hmm ... they dropped the free shipping to Canada from the top banner on the main page, but add product over the minimum to the cart (I did $100) and click on 'Shipping Costs' and you still see notification of free shipping to Canada. Fill in your info and take the next step and they are charging $17.20 (US) for shipping. I think these guys are on crack!

I noticed tonight the web site says "Free Shipping to USA on orders over $79.95." Nothing about Canada. C'est la guerre.

I finally decided to order a SAS VN5MR, thought I was going to get free shipping so I added a couple of other things so I was surprised when I got to shipping and they wanted
$17.20 (US)

I replied to email I got from them that says

" We do offer for free shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.95
But only for First Class Airmail International. "

around noon but have yet to hear from them :(

Their price for the SAS is better than anywhere else, so I took everything else out of my cart and the shipping dropped to $11.50US which I can live with.
I payed with paypal so I might raise a fuss (after it's shipped:) and I was asked if I wanted to submit a review of my transaction so that might be fun :)

if you want a real shock search for VN5MR on amazon canada

So if you're looking for an SAS they seem to be the cheapest option for Canadians, for non SAS Jico or other Generic's I would look elsewhere

Anyone had any experience with these guys? https://jicocanada.com/

They are located in Nevada?? Prices in USD. But free shipping to Canada is free over $79.95 order.

Did one spot check on a JICO SAS (boron cantilever) for the Shure V15 III and they are $50 cheaper than LPGear.

Did a search here ... didn't come up with any info, but I might have missed it.

Van Island group order? :jump:
BTW, we have a FB page, Vancouver Island Audio Club, if you are interested.

Just went down to the mailbox to see if the belts I ordered from vintage-electronics had arrived and maybe there'd be a notice to go pay for customs/tax on the SAS.

Saw a small box and much to my surprise it's the VN5MR SAS from Jico Canada :)

I suspect it's more dumb luck or maybe karma(?) that not paying the customs/tax makes up for not getting the free shipping

My Google Review of Jico Canada

Jico Canada is in the US not in Canada. They charge in $US not $Cdn. They offer Free Shipping to the US not Canada. Which is why I've rated them as "Poor". Canada is just the name of the shop. That said, they had the best price for the Jico SAS Stylus I ordered. The Ordering process was easy and it arrived as described. If you live in the US, ordering from Jico Canada is a no brainer. If you live in Canada and are not looking for a Jico Stylus, I would search in Canada first. You can shop in $Cdn and not worry about paying Customs.

Even though it is Google, I'm not sure they'd allow a YouTube link in a Customer Review otherwise I'd have added this :)

Back
Top Bottom