Jico/EVG importers for Europe

Solist

Was wondering if there are any sellers in Europe who are currently selling Jico/Evg styluses.

The shipping from Japan to Europe is 25 bucks, thats why I decided to ask.

Was actually going to recommend the same, thakker.eu. I'm myself about to order a Japanese made (Evg?) N75 ED/T2 replacement through them...

It's worth pointing out that JICO has terminated their relationship with EVG and that EVG will be sourcing their styli from the same Swiss company that makes Pfanstiehls.

Also, Tonar is worth considering as an equivalent to the Japanese-made EVGs. I think Thakker sells them too. I know that Pickupnaalden.nl does.

¸That was what confused me. So the generic styluses are basically Jico/EVG? The only styluses marked on the site as Jico are SAS ones.

¸That was what confused me. So the generic styluses are basically Jico/EVG? The only styluses marked on the site as Jico are SAS ones.

I don't actually know who makes the Tonars. It could be JICO although Nagaoka has been mentioned as the manufacturer (a fact apparently denied by one or the other party as I recall). They are, I would say, equivalent to Japanese EVG but not to actual JICO.

Which site? Thakker or Pickupnaald.nl?

Not to be rude but EVG is strictly Swiss as mentioned above. I have tried Swiss EVG and they are excellent.
Good to know for future reference, thanks. I've decided to spend few extra € & go for "Japanese-made" one, Jico I'm guessing. Unlike any other generic replacement, it actually claims to be genuine 0.3x0.7mil tip.

I don't actually know who makes the Tonars. It could be JICO although Nagaoka has been mentioned as the manufacturer (a fact apparently denied by one or the other party as I recall). They are, I would say, equivalent to Japanese EVG but not to actual JICO.

Which site? Thakker or Pickupnaald.nl?

Thakker. I will take a look at pickupnaald.nl!

Good to know for future reference, thanks. I've decided to spend few extra € & go for "Japanese-made" one, Jico I'm guessing. Unlike any other generic replacement, it actually claims to be genuine 0.3x0.7mil tip.

Which one if I may ask?

I agree, it is important to know the tip size. Pfanstiehl puts much info on their packages. You can see by just looking at some examples on eBay. EVG now displays recommended tracking forces and I suggested to EVG that they add the tip size to their packages. Which brand of Japanese(JICO) did you get ? I.E. Tonar ?

I agree, it is important to know the tip size. Pfanstiehl puts much info on their packages. You can see by just looking at some examples on eBay. EVG now displays recommended tracking forces and I suggested to EVG that they add the tip size to their packages. Which brand of Japanese(JICO) did you get ? I.E. Tonar ?
Didn't get anything yet, I'm only just going to place an order... Probably in two or three days from now :) From what you wrote, I assumed it was Jico, because they only wrote "Thakker Japan" on their website. Speaking of Shure, I recently had a bad experience with "Stylus Plus" from UK, when they shipped me generic N 92/N 99E replacement under the name of "N 104E" which was the one I wanted to buy in the first place.

As you can see from the pic above, these two are completely identical... First one came as generic "N 92E" replacement & was bought some time in February (and it is the one I'm currently using), where on the other hand, the right one was advertised as N 104E, but ended up being the same. Which is why I'm through with unknown "generics" & decided to play it safe for upcoming N 75ED/T2.

Didn't get anything yet, I'm only just going to place an order... Probably in two or three days from now :) From what you wrote, I assumed it was Jico, because they only wrote "Thakker Japan" on their website. Speaking of Shure, I recently had a bad experience with "Stylus Plus" from UK, when they shipped me generic N 92/N 99E replacement under the name of "N 104E" which was the one I wanted to buy in the first place.

As you can see from the pic above, these two are completely identical... First one came as generic "N 92E" replacement & was bought some time in February (and it is the one I'm currently using), where on the other hand, the right one was advertised as N 104E, but ended up being the same. Which is why I'm through with unknown "generics" & decided to play it safe for upcoming N 75ED/T2.

Thakker and Pickupnaalden have good reputations. There are only two major suppliers of aftermarket styli. JICO and the Swiss manufacturer(probably HUCO). Tonar definitely sells JICO sourced. And Fred Caris at Pickupnaalden is great to deal with.

Thakker and Pickupnaalden have good reputations. There are only two major suppliers of aftermarket styli. JICO and the Swiss manufacturer(probably HUCO). Tonar definitely sells JICO sourced. And Fred Caris at Pickupnaalden is great to deal with.
Right! Then it's most probably (99%) Jico ... as Thakker also sells N 75ED/T2 that's Swiss-made - LINK

Same company, different websites.

Don't think so. Pickupnaalden.com is in Fluitenberg, run by, as you said, a guy named Fred Caras. Pickupnaald.nl is almost 200 km away in Bergen. It's run by a guy named Niko de Graaf. Also different inventory.

Don't think so. Pickupnaalden.com is in Fluitenberg, run by, as you said, a guy named Fred Caras. Pickupnaald.nl is almost 200 km away in Bergen. It's run by a guy named Niko de Graaf. Also different inventory.

Interesting. I will email Fred and see what the difference is. Email addresses are almost identical. I emailed Fred. Fred's Pickupnaalden is number 3 in sales worldwide. The other one is not even on my list of the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom