JICO SAS Discontinued

noisemodule

Hello All,

I haven't posted in a while, but some of you may remember me from previous posts.

I manage international relations for JICO so I thought some members of this forum would want to know.

As of February 17th, 2016 we have officially ceased production of all products which feature the Super Analogue Stylus diamond tip.

Hello All,

I haven't posted in a while, but some of you may remember me from previous posts.

I manage international relations for JICO so I thought some members of this forum would want to know.

As of February 17th, 2016 we have officially ceased production of all products which feature the Super Analogue Stylus diamond tip.

Can you tell us please the reason for this decision?

Gerard

What is the difference between the Shibata, which are still apparently available, and the SAS? I thought they were variants if the same thing, although the Shibata was a requirement for quadraphonic.

Bad news. I sit here with a V15-III SAS with high mileage that can use replacing.

I have no reason to invest in Shure Cartridges. Similar to Pickering and Empire, buying a stylus for Shure will be an adventure.

Thankful for Grado.

This is their announcement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SAS PRODUCTS
Thanks to your gracious support in the past we are honored by the recent prosperity you have brought us and offer our deepest gratitude. Regarding the Super Analogue Stylus, which has long enjoyed your continued patronage, it has become most difficult to obtain the necessary parts, despite our best efforts. We regret to announce that all future sales will be discontinued.
We endeavor to refine the original design and bring you the next generation of Super Analogue Stylus as soon as possible. Your continued patronage is much appreciated as we undergo this product transition.

Let's hope for a new stylus generation...

This is their announcement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SAS PRODUCTS
Thanks to your gracious support in the past we are honored by the recent prosperity you have brought us and offer our deepest gratitude. Regarding the Super Analogue Stylus, which has long enjoyed your continued patronage, it has become most difficult to obtain the necessary parts, despite our best efforts. We regret to announce that all future sales will be discontinued.
We endeavor to refine the original design and bring you the next generation of Super Analogue Stylus as soon as possible. Your continued patronage is much appreciated as we undergo this product transition.

Let's hope for a new stylus generation...

So, there will still be a SAS (though a next gen)

Finally got off my butt and ordered the SAS for the V15VMR from turntableneedles.com (still in stock as of my typing this.) Thanks for the heads-up, noisemodule.

Finally got off my butt and ordered the SAS for the V15VMR from turntableneedles.com (still in stock as of my typing this.) Thanks for the heads-up, noisemodule.

I did the same but from LPGear. I don't want to see the SAS prices go up and up and up next week without having one in hand. My V15 III deserves the best stylus.

I would guess that their supplier for the cantilever and/or diamond has dried up, and like the stylus for the AT-440 -- which has morphed and changed due to similar changes in materials as they became unobtanium -- hopefully will re-appear.

Back
Top Bottom