Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin @ McIntosh

The interesting part is that a man for whom money is no object - and who is also a professional musician - felt no need to upgrade his 40- 50 year old MC2105. :)

*According to the Mc book, Howard Hughes ran an MC2505 with a pair of Altec 7 in his personal "home theater" system while holed up in a Las Vegas hotel. Was said to be fond of playing to ear splitting levels, much to the anger of the other guests.

I used a MC2505 for 35 years with my Altec Valencias which are the smaller version of the A-7's. Still have the 2505. It alternated running the horns on the Vals with the 275 & 2125. I once measured the SPL @ 10' using the 2505 and it was 112db @ 12 watts. More than enough for those sitting closer. :)

I am listening to the soundtrack from" Death Wish II" wich I picked up this weekend and I am so into it.I got this record when it came out and I was in my teens (lost track of it) and while I liked the movies was I was not so much into this album.The man may not be the best guitar player just look/hear what he has done in his life.I heard him say other folks can play my music better so I just try to be the best Jimmy Page I can be.Always been my top band after they scared the shit out me as a child. Cheers

I am listening to the soundtrack from" Death Wish II" wich I picked up this weekend and I am so into it.I got this record when it came out and I was in my teens (lost track of it) and while I liked the movies was I was not so much into this album.The man may not be the best guitar player just look/hear what he has done in his life.I heard him say other folks can play my music better so I just try to be the best Jimmy Page I can be.Always been my top band after they scared the shit out me as a child. Cheers
What??:yikes:
Its not just about Gymnastics on the fretboard, its about the JuJu and the Mojo, Jimmy taps into this tenfold more than most other players....

I spin the Deathwish II soundtrack every now and them, nice bit of vocals from Chris Farlowe too....

It's interesting that "Page only ever plays acoustic guitar in the house to protect the historic interior from vibrations." and yet he has his HiFi system and speakers either side of the fireplace...

It's interesting that "Page only ever plays acoustic guitar in the house to protect the historic interior from vibrations." and yet he has his HiFi system and speakers either side of the fireplace...
maybe likes to play a loud guitar . and listens to quiet music .

If the fireplace is that susceptible to vibration then the whole house is in danger as it's brick also. I'll wager he plays music like most of us. At a low/moderate level.

Jimi May be time to buy A new McIntosh system .I'm sure once he reads my post he will call me for advice so I better get going. Peace Out !!!

Back
Top Bottom