1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin @ McIntosh

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by ericleehall, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson Modulator Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

I used a MC2505 for 35 years with my Altec Valencias which are the smaller version of the A-7's. Still have the 2505. It alternated running the horns on the Vals with the 275 & 2125. I once measured the SPL @ 10' using the 2505 and it was 112db @ 12 watts. More than enough for those sitting closer. :)

CruzBay, John James and seacliffe301 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Chubba

Chubba Active Member

I am listening to the soundtrack from" Death Wish II" wich I picked up this weekend and I am so into it.I got this record when it came out and I was in my teens (lost track of it) and while I liked the movies was I was not so much into this album.The man may not be the best guitar player just look/hear what he has done in his life.I heard him say other folks can play my music better so I just try to be the best Jimmy Page I can be.Always been my top band after they scared the shit out me as a child. Cheers

3. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

What??:yikes:
    Its not just about Gymnastics on the fretboard, its about the JuJu and the Mojo, Jimmy taps into this tenfold more than most other players....

I spin the Deathwish II soundtrack every now and them, nice bit of vocals from Chris Farlowe too....

exhippy likes this.
  4. Chubba

Chubba Active Member

Cheers!

5. restorer-john

restorer-john Addicted Member

It's interesting that "Page only ever plays acoustic guitar in the house to protect the historic interior from vibrations." and yet he has his HiFi system and speakers either side of the fireplace...

6. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

maybe likes to play a loud guitar . and listens to quiet music .

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson Modulator Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

If the fireplace is that susceptible to vibration then the whole house is in danger as it's brick also. I'll wager he plays music like most of us. At a low/moderate level.

8. jimimac

jimimac Active Member

Jimi May be time to buy A new McIntosh system .I'm sure once he reads my post he will call me for advice so I better get going. Peace Out !!!

satellite likes this.
  9. Dave1384

Dave1384 Stuck in the 70's

Hey 427, thanks for posting that.