Jim's Junk

jimreeves

Poopy & Me
Subscriber
System updated to 2015 on last page.

This is my primary system for 2 channel and home theatre, using a Yamaha RX-V1300 processor direct as preamp out through a Rane EQ to two Yamaha P2200's vertically bi-amped into the Infinity QLS1's. Yamaha CD changer for background music. Luxman PD-277, Dynavector Karat 17DS, Hypno-mod CA 640P pre ~or~ Pioneer PL-707, Denon DL-160, Bel Canto Phono 1 for primary LP duties. Still head-scratching for a better rack system for all this stuff. :scratch2:

System2011-1.jpg

Portable system in my daughter's old room has a Pioneer SA-7800/TX-7800 running either Polk SDA-1A's, Advent e-waves or Speakerlab SRO's from a Hitachi HT-500 turntable with AT7V or AT440ML.

7800pair.jpg

HT-500q.jpg

3 or 4 other turntables and a receiver or two floating around here in my junk pile, I think I need a bigger place!

Last edited:
Wow nice set up. 2 M+K subs and 2 watkins woofers now that's some serious bass.
Your turntable must have feedback issues in that location I'm guessing when things get to rocking?

Thanks fellas.

I don't use the MK's listening to music, they're only in the circuit with movies so I can back off the Watkins, don't need to abuse them with explosions and such. Mucho bass either way. :)

No feedback issues, even with 25Hz pedal tones as loud as I care to listen. I built the little phono table to avoid that.

Last edited:
That's some sweet lookin' junk Jim! There's something about Pioneer gear that's just right. Cute Pug too. I have two of my own.

P1110468.jpg

Last edited:
That's some sweet lookin' junk Jim! There's something about Pioneer gear that's just right. Cute Pug too. I have two of my own.

Thanks, your pugs are sweet looking! Wish I still had mine, I lost the Poopster almost a year ago now and still haven't got over it. :tears:

Thanks, your pugs are sweet looking! Wish I still had mine, I lost the Poopster almost a year ago now and still haven't got over it. :tears:

Sorry to hear that. I know when that time comes, I'm going to be a basket-case for sure.

Jim, let me see:scratch2: am trying to come up with a word for your system.
Nice, very nice
Joe

Thanks for the kind comments all!

Cool setup, and BIG too!

When I commited to the QLS1's it left me with no other choice than big everything (81db/1w/1m). OTOH, maybe I was just making up for something when I bought them? :smoke:

Who said pug?One is just next to my legs.
If I'm not a Sansui fan these Yamaha's P2200 would be on my short list for sure :yes:

I'd trade all of my gear to get that little poop dog back, I'll crap my own thread with this pic:

poopster.jpg
Poopster.jpg

It was my avatar for the longest time until I came accross his baby pic (avatar) and sums up his personality well. Confused.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments all!

When I commited to the QLS1's it left me with no other choice than big everything (81db/1w/1m). OTOH, maybe I was just making up for something when I bought them? :smoke:

Don't forget BIG electric-bill. 81dB? Daaammmmmn.... I love BIG speakers.

That's a GREAT picture by the way (The last one).

Back
Top Bottom