Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'The Music Barter' started by teisco, Mar 12, 2018.

1. teisco

teisco AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bought 1000 lps for 100 bucks and one of first boxes had this sealed Cash l.p .I would never open it so maybe eBay it. I would trade it for some nice used 50.s rock like Chuck Berry or like.

Trying to post pic but useing phone so maybe not. Record is l.p. Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line on Sun label.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mr.White

Mr.White Super Member

Those are 1970's reissues with little $$$ value. I've got some sealed as well. Only Johnny's original Sun albums have any value. I'll bet if you open it there isn't even a paper sleeve. Those were crappy pressings and very often fake stereo. I also have a sealed Jerry Lee Lewis on that 70's reissue label. Worthless basically.

3. jmchrislip

jmchrislip Super Member

One of a kind performer. Sorely missed.

daveyh likes this.
  4. illinoisteve

illinoisteve Super Member

If those reissues sound good, the value would be in hearing them as pristine records on one's system. Personally, that is the only value for a record that matters to me, but I realize that there are people who think the value to collectors who would want to simply display the album on a shelf is of some significance. To that notion, I say HUMBUG!

;)

parman, Delta17 and Westy56 like this.
  5. teisco

teisco AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is a Sun record - number 135

6. Mr.White

Mr.White Super Member

Actually it's not. It was made after Sun was sold to Shelby Singleton. Technically, legally it is but Sam Phillips had nothing to do with these releases.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Mr.White

Mr.White Super Member

Actually I forgot that I have that sealed Jerry Lewis "Sun" on the auction site right now. Dying 1,000 deaths at bin $4.99, lol!