JohnVFs listening room...

JohnVF

Lunatic Member
....has a long way to go :(.

IMG_2888.jpg

But will hopefully take shape over the next 72 hours....

New place?

Yes. I moved across the hall from my old place so I could look at something new. In the process I decided to make what was a bedroom in my old place, into a dedicated listening room. Also, I wanted to create two very separate environments in what is still a pretty small living space- one minimal and open, the other cozy and somewhat cluttered. This will be the latter. It should also help the sound, as there are hundreds of books in here as a sort of rudimentary room treatment (and because I like books :)).

System will be:

NAD M51 pre/dac. Transport undetermined but currently a Pioneer Elite Bluray player, and a playstation as there will be a video projector attached to the system.
Pass Aleph 30 amp.
Quad ESL-63pro speakers. And/or Kef LS-50s.

Don't let your nephew take that zerostat gun to school! :yikes:

Just joking of course.
I'm sure you'll get it there John.

One word , 'Headphones' :D

There's a pair just out of frame by the shoebox on the couch :).

This room was my staging-area for junk as I moved. It was worse than this a week ago..entirely filled with boxes. I figured out that I like the rest of my apartment uncluttered so its nice to sort of concentrate everything.

I'm about 1/2 hour from getting music out of it, so things are progressing...but the junk has escaped into the hallway!

At least you've got the cluttered part covered.

Absolutely. Man, what a mess.

We have music though! The Quads are making music again as of two minutes ago. It's been awhile. It's all about priorities, haha.

I think this will be successful. The bass is pretty well controlled in here with the back corners filled with book shelves. The main system, in a big open glass walled room leaves a lot to be desired but I've kind of given up on it in favor of living in a happier, more open space. This room's couch is more comfortable anyway.

Last edited:
It's always kinda fun to move into a new space. Each room is like a puzzle and there are practically infinite options. You'll get it straightened out!

I've been sidelined in cleaning it up because the Quads have glued me to the couch. I haven't heard them in a month...they're addicting. Must. leave. listening. spot.

View from the other system's listening chair (looks better today than in this picture, as I think spring has finally arrived!):

systemclean.jpg

No wonder your changing rooms..that AC is not perfectly centered between the speakers.

....has a long way to go :(.

IMG_2888.jpg

But will hopefully take shape over the next 72 hours....

Awesome to know we're not alone in this!

Thank you, thank you for sharing this!

Back
Top Bottom