Jolida Fusion Preamp

Eminence1963

Getting ready to pull the gun on a Fusion Preamp. Not a lot of reviews out there on them. Any one out there in Audiokarma land have an actual unit in there possession and using it in their system. Yes I am aware there are other pre's out there, but there are several reasons for me getting a Fusion. First off the price, as I don't own a bank. Upgradeable down the line. Second it has a remote volume control, major plus for me, also has a fixed output line as well as 2 variable outputs. I run 2 tube amps all the time as well as 4 subs. The XLR might come in handy too as I have a OTARI RTR deck that has XLR in/outs. I am useing a JDT9 right now, but have to use another preamp for all my tape decks, so I wouid like to get one pre working everything versus running 2 preamps. So with all that I just want to know is this something that is worth investing in?
Whats in the arsenal of decks and accessories currently in use.
Project TT 2 Sony cassette decks 2 Pioneer 707's Teac A6300 Otari RTR Phillips DCC Sony MD player Bic T2 cassette deck @ sony cd palyers Music Fidelity V90 DAC Music Fidelity LPS for TT Computer for music and videos. 3 X radio shack switch boxes and a Sony switch box as well as a DBX 200 switch box. DBX 224
Never all on at the same time, Just hate to mess with cables switching things in and out.
20170820_202725.jpg

I bought the fusion used off of upscale audio and I'm very pleased with the preamp. I am still using THE JD5 to control the volume on my subwoofers though. I have yet to use the XLR jacks off of it and using the fixed outputs and inputs that my DBX 200 plugs into to control all of my tape decks that are in my system. Plenty of gain versus the JD 5 that did not have enough gain to power my amplifiers.

I bought the fusion used off of upscale audio and I'm very pleased with the preamp. I am still using THE JD5 to control the volume on my subwoofers though. I have yet to use the XLR jacks off of it and using the fixed outputs and inputs that my DBX 200 plugs into to control all of my tape decks that are in my system. Plenty of gain versus the JD 5 that did not have enough gain to power my amplifiers.
Thanks eminence. I was looking hard at a 3502S integrated, but if I can get the same or better results with the Fusion and my Bob Latino VTA St-70, then it would make more economic sense. I’m actually only an hour from Upscale.... wondering what else they might have....

Eminence,
I just noticed you have Klipsch running with your Jolida-I have Forte, so that confirms it even more for me.

Thanks eminence. I was looking hard at a 3502S integrated, but if I can get the same or better results with the Fusion and my Bob Latino VTA St-70, then it would make more economic sense. I’m actually only an hour from Upscale.... wondering what else they might have....
Since you already have a very capable amp, its a no brainer to get the Fusion:beerchug:

Update to the Fusion..... Rolled some Mullard New reissues12AX7 in the Fusion and tamed some excessive highs I was getting into my newly acquired Prima Luna Prologue 5. Took some of the edge off, but still a trace of shrill that I don't like. Will replace the EH 12at7 that were cheap to see if there was a problem with the previous tubes that were in the preamp, next with some NOS mullards from Upscale Audio next month. Which BTW there was a problem with one of the 12AT7 the preamp came with.:confused: Too bad too as those tubes 12AT7's were the shit:( 20180413_112523.jpg 20180413_112541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom