Current setup:

5 x Meyer Sound HD-1's
1 x Entec sub with Crystal low Fs woofer with metal attached to cone for Servo
1 x Lexicon DC-1
1 x DBX RackDrive PX used when Karaoke calls
1 x Sony PS3 Move
1 x Rane PE-15 Parametric eq, only on the sub path
1 x FSR triggerable AC distribution box

The Play Station is the Blu-Ray source. The Lexicon decodes everything, supplies the trigger to turn on the speakers. The monitor is a Samsung LED backlit 60" LCD.

Attachments

• fronts and sub.jpg
    fronts and sub.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 249
  • Rane and AC sw.jpg
    Rane and AC sw.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 171
  • cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 158
  • X-800 front_sm.JPG
    X-800 front_sm.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 67
  • X-800 ungrilled sm.JPG
    X-800 ungrilled sm.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 86
  • X-800 grilled sm.JPG
    X-800 grilled sm.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
That's really awesome..love the powered speakers! How do you like the PS-3 as a bluray source? I have one and have no other Blu-Ray to compare it to. Seems nice enough. I have some extra cable ties :)

LOL cable ties. Yeah, the long term plan is to bust a hole in the wall (I mean put a panel) and put all of the electronics into the closet behind the wall. The next thing is to get a Meyer X-800 sub ( 2x 18") to replace the Entec sub

As far as the Play Station goes, I've had some exposure to the earlier Blu-Ray and the Toshiba driven HD DVD systems. The Play Station is working out great, so far, for us. It really is ready to play movies quickly. Much quicker than the other Blu-Ray players I've seen. We also use it to stream NetFlix. We are always finding new features that we love about it too. USB input for cameras or photos. I'm sounding like a commercial for them, but so far, so good.

No need!

Hopefully I can take some better pics soon too of my gear. Gotta get some zip ties for the cords & wires behind my HT setup.

Rome

I love the Meyer's. I always wanted a pair.
Yup, I've loved them for about 15 years now. I've even had to refoam them. I don't think it changed the Thiele-Small parameters to worry about a re-calibration. In my opinion, when you first hear them you think "oh, they're not very exciting. Then you listen to an acoustic recording their sound is stunningly real.

I have a lot of faith in what Meyer can do. I've been impressed with their PA equipment and their 833 monitors. I hear that their X-10 is totally nuts. Very low distortion and high output. I will be "taking a chance" on their X-800 sub. Hopefully soon.

I love Meyersound gear, don't see it here too often unafortunately...

Yeah, I agree with you. When I was harping about them to my audiophile friends, there always seemed to be some resistance to them without hearing them. They were sort of typecast as smaller studio monitors... ...you know like the Yamaha NS-10M's. It's a shame. I find they can do everything well. They are factory eq's to be pretty flat down to 35Hz. Oh well, more for me.:D

Back
Top Bottom