Josh Groban

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Well I visited the record store just to kill some time and they were actually playing something I enjoyed. None of the usual teeny-bopper crap they normally play. So I inquired as to just what CD that was playing. Turns out it's Josh Groban's new CD titled "Closer". This CD is fantastic. It's also #3 on the charts so maybe there's some hope for the younger generation yet. If you're looking for some female interaction this CD would charm the pants off a nun.

Mike

Grobin has a very dedicated group of followers including my Julia. They have Meet and Greets (guess why there is a big screen in my living room?) and are a fanatical group called the Grobinites. These women are freakin crazy and follow this guy all over! (Guess why I was at Tanglewood Aug 1?) We are pinched from spending too much last summer and in Austin at Dr Don's Bottlehead Show, so some of Julia's Grobinite buddies are taking care of air and concet tickets and they are going to Boise, Seattle and Portland to see him perform 3 times in 4 days.
Julia has been to LA and is actually part of a audience shot of his PBS special, has been to NYC at least twice has autographed CDs, numerous T-shirts, Grobinite University sweatshirts and was nice enough to give Josh Lassere her "GOT JOSH?" cap when we were down in Austin.
Josh Grobin was on 2 Ally McBeale episodes and is manged by the same guy who handles Celine Deon and a great Bobby Darrin type swinger named Micheal Buble' (saw him in Hollywood). Get his CD!
I have heard Grobin's latest almost everyday since it was released and am looking forward to (right) the special release for Grobinites only that will have a few extra cuts the general public can't get. I think that one has Joshua Bell on a couple of cuts.(Guess why I got to see Joshua Bell play with the Dallas Symphony?) His "Romance Of The Violin" is a winner and he plays a 17th cetury Stratavarious!
All in all this Grobania fever has got me to a few great shows like Yo Yo Ma playing Brazilian music (a winner!) but except for my going to see Steely Dan, everything has been in some way tied into Josh Grobin. No complaints, but life is funny. I got to meet Thor and verify the semi mythical CVs because of Josh Grobin. I got to meet Derat and eat the best chowder in the world because of Josh Grobin.
Grobins 1st CD is kind of hit and miss, mostly miss, on recording quality but his rendition of Don McLean's Vincent brings tears to my eyes just to think about it. The kid (23 I think) has great pipes!

Back
Top Bottom