JRiver not up to the task

There are ways around it - just the cost is the big thing - there is software that figures out what LP it is.
So, one could punch their needledrop(s) into a program, and it would divide it up and label the tracks? What kind of cost is involved? Can it do it with FLAC files as well as WAV?

I just last night started using a program called VinylStudio which claims to break up and name tracks from an online database. I started recording a old album and after typing the artist and LP name it found all the tracks in the correct order. I recorded one side but the vinyl was worn out and sounded like crap so I deleted the project after one side. Still I am looking forward to playing around with it with some better vinyl soon. If this automatic track naming holds true it will be a significant improvement in time saved over Audacity. Also it does its own click repair as well so depending on how well that works I won't have to run through a separate process for that.

No way I know of to edit FLAC files from Aud. There probably are other means but I have not looked into it yet..

Just checked in v2.1.2 ...

Open up the full side flac and add labels at the track cuts. Audacity automatically assigns your existing tags to all the tracks so all you have to do is add the track names. If you want to change that, EDIT METADATA and you'll see the same changes in all the new track files. Don't forget the label for the first track. Select EXPORT MULTIPLE and Audacity will write all the new files to the selected location while leaving the existing full size flac alone.

If the new track files are in a folder that jRiver is set to watch, it will automatically import them, and I believe it will also assign the original cover art to all of them. Not sure on that. Once you're sure it all worked right, you can delete the original full side flac. You may need to re-analyze the new track files if you haven't set jRiver to do that automatically on import.

PS - I always go with the conventional ARTIST/ALBUM approach when adding music to the library.

Back
Top Bottom