June Foray, died 2 months shy of her 100th birthday! R.I.P.

hjames

We are all just walking each other home.
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
Chuck Jones is reported to have said, "June Foray is not the female Mel Blanc, Mel Blanc was the male June Foray.

June Lucille Forer (September 18, 1917 – July 26, 2017), better known as June Foray, was an American voice actress who was best known as the voice of such animated characters as Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Lucifer from Disney's Cinderella, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Granny from the Warner Bros. cartoons directed by Friz Freleng, Grammi Gummi from Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears series, and Magica De Spell, among many others.

(I knew her best as Rocket J. Squirrel & Natasha Fatale, Nell from Dudley DoRight, etc).

RIP June ...

June_Foray_(4971507788_21f4124982_n)_(cropped).jpg

Last edited:
June had quite a career! I'll always remember her for the characters on the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons.

I was talking with one of my customers about Rocky and Bullwinkle today. We both laughed reliving childhood memories. RIP Ms. Foray.

-Dave

CBS evening news had a nice clip about her and all her voices -
even a pilot episodes of the Flintstones where she did Betty Ruble's voice ...

What a classic!

I always got a kick that Natasha Fatale was drawn to look like June Foray

Boris_natasha_fearless.jpg

... a pilot episodes of the Flintstones where she did Betty Ruble's voice ...
Did she do that one with her Natasha Fatale accent?

I have fond memories of watching Rocky & Bullwinkle with my Dad. He said it was the only kids' show with a script intelligent enough to hold his attention. Natasha was one of my favorites.

RIP June.

This sounds silly I know, but man,oh Manichevitz, to have that level of talent, & use it as she did to make people happy...Let's face it, she likely touched WAY more people w/her voice than have heard almost ANY group, save the Beatles....

She made me laugh when I was a kid & when I was an adult.

She'll be missed... RIP.

RIP June Foray. Never realized she did all those wonderful voices that I grew up with.

Every Saturday morning for years....and years with my kids until the eighties came !

RIP....

Slip sliding away...

Back
Top Bottom