Just a funny about recycling my Marantz parts

Mike Sweeney

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I got a 2245 to restore and one of odd things ( it has many) is that all of the bottom cover screws are the wrong ones. They are the parkerized black but about 10mm long. They should be M4x6 not 10s.. oh well, I pull them and set them aside. Move the clock up two months and I get a new TV for my office.. 32 inch to 43 inch YAY.. but, I go to mount it on the swivel arm and the screws on the 32 are too big and wont fix the new TV. Hmmmm.. pull out the manual and they want M4s.. no longer than 10mm.. huh.. I think I have those.. go out to the bench, find the baggy.. and sure enough they work.

So now I have four Marantz screws holding my new TV to the swing arm :D Like I said.. just one of the stupid little funny things that can happen around here

Ya, that's cool how that happens.
While building up my Toyota 4Runner off-road truck, I was re-building the brake system. 1-ton master cylinder from GM bolts RIGHT UP to the toyota brake system.
Then I wanted to change the drums to discs in the back and with only a small modification, Caddilac Eldorado (from the 80's?) disc brakes has the correct bolt pattern, again bolted right up onto my '85 4runner rear axle.

Back
Top Bottom