1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Just a note from Ms Grumpy

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2006' started by Ms Grumpy, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Ms Grumpy

Ms Grumpy Administrator Admin Subscriber

I know that it has been a week, but this is the first chance that I have had to post.

First of all, I want to thank Wardsweb. He worked so hard to help us. Between helping Grumpy with alot of things, he also put up with me being very demanding. I just want you to know that there were alot of things that would not have happened with out! Thank you for being such a great friend and so much more!

Next I want to thank Mrs. Kam. Steph and I ran the office, we signed everyone in (Steph wrote out most of the names on the lanyards eventhough she had recently had surgery and was in pain), we sold shirts, sold tickets, pushed tickets, pushed tickets and pushed more tickets. Thank you Steph.

The next thanks go to Kam. HE BROUGHT THE WINGS....What else can I say!!! Tim I know you did more but right now I remember the wings..

Another thank you to Luvvinvinyl. In the weeks heading up to the fest you were alot of help, more times than I can remember you were there to tell me that we will make it. Thanks you Ernie, you are one in a million.

Boy just when I thought that I was almost done there are just a few more...

When it came to feed everyone on Saturday, I was trying to do alot alone when 2 people stepped up to help us feed everyone. I am not sure of who these two people are (Grumpy is being grumpy and not talking to me at the moment so I am not sure of their names), but if anyone can post their names that would be great. I just want them to know that I really appriciated their help.

I know that I forgot someone and for that I am sorry.. But please reallize that I really appreciated everyones help, more than all of you will ever know.

One last Thank you to everyone who attened AKfest2006. You guys were great! Everyone was patient, cooperative, and sometimes even nice. This was the best one yet....

Ms Grumpy
    Nancy

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Behind The Curtain Staff Member Admin

The pleasure was all mine. I count myself lucky to have friends like you and Grumpy. You both are really good people and I mean that in the most humble and honest way. We all know that behind every great man is a greater woman. Thanks for being the rock when Grumpy needs support, being a great mother, wife and business woman. You guys gotta make it down to San Antonio sometime. You have an open invitation.

3. dmax99

dmax99 Lookin' For Live

This was without a doubt the best fest to date.I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to all working behind the scene,Especially Mrs.Grumpy & Mrs. Kam....David

4. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Lily! Staff Member Admin Subscriber

I was only too happy to help. I am a lucky to have you and Dave as friends.

5. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod

I was only to happy to partake in your generousity!
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '

'
    '
    '
    '
    '
    I mean hey thanks a bunch, it has been really great getting to know you a little better
    this past year and am grateful for what you and the family do!

6. jcmjrt

jcmjrt Addicted Member

Hi Nancy!

I've been busy this past week too. I was at my in-law's and there was a slow old PC with dial-up. I gave getting on-line a try but after one post (that took forever!) the computer locked up and I just gave up.

Anyway, back to the point - what a great time AKFest was! You all did a fine job and we enjoyed ourselves greatly - even my non-audio oriented SO. Real Buffalo wings are wonderful - my first time to have 'em from Buffalo and the best wings that I've had. The only problem with the NC BBQ was that I wanted to eat more and ran out of room - Excellent! I want more. I can't believe that I actually won the prize that I wanted at the raffle!! I'm never lucky like that. :D So many nice and interesting (I mean that as a compliment) people with so many different audio systems to listen to. There were lots of people working to make this a fun, informative AKFest and I appreciate the varied efforts of the many who labored. Thanks. :thmbsp: :music: :music:

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Nancy, you 'n' Steph are the ones who deserve praise...Sat there at the check-in desk, answering questions, selling stuff, putting up w/allsorts of stuff & nonsense, yet I never heard a cross word from either of you. The Fest would basically have collapsed into utter chaos if it hadn't been for you 2 ladies...My hat's off to the both of you...