Just a thought !!

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
How could someone like Christopher Cross have 2 fantastic commercially successful albums and then can't churn out anything worth listening to? He wrote some wonderful movie and television themes but after that it was all downhill.

Mike

I think he fell into the "Meatloaf Syndrome" bad label,bad management.He is very talented,also another of his time was Steve Forbett.He had incredible talent but fell victim to the wrong people.

Alan

Could have done what Neal Young did with Geffen Records. Didn't like the contract with the record company so pump out some crap so they might drop your contract.

del,
Interesting thought. While I have I never heard of an artist "dumping" tracks, I have read of artists fighting for their rights to recorded tracks.
Isn't Don Henley the head of a group that is trying to protect artists recordings?
While my knowledge is limited, I don't think I've ever read of an artist "sandbagging" just to get out of a contract.

Originally posted by millerdog
del,
Interesting thought. While I have I never heard of an artist "dumping" tracks, I have read of artists fighting for their rights to recorded tracks.
Isn't Don Henley the head of a group that is trying to protect artists recordings?
While my knowledge is limited, I don't think I've ever read of an artist "sandbagging" just to get out of a contract.

Their was an artical in last month's edition of Rolling Stone here in Australia about how artist get screwed by their record companies one way or the other. This thing about Neal Young pumping out crap records was in it and apparently Geffen sued him for pumping out records that wouldn't sell. Quite an interesting story to read.

Back
Top Bottom