Just back from the Fest--Whata blast!!!!

What are those 8" speaker in the Odyssey Room (pic #75) with the open stands? They were really rocking with "La Grange" and "Smoke on the Water" about 4:00PM today...:yes:

Much Fest talk about how those things could produce that full sound in that big room.Quite impressive!

Just got in here as well...am dog tired, but thoroughly satisfied by the time I had checking out great gear, and being around such a high quality group of people. At the end of the day, gear is gear; it's the people that make AK the special place that it is...this was good one!

Here! here! The people are what it's all about and what a great group! Thank you to everyone who helped out in the SMAC room and of course Grump and Co. Another primo show.:yes:

Jeff

I echo your sentiments!

Much Fest talk about how those things could produce that full sound in that big room.Quite impressive!

I was in there yesterday. I could not help but notice the smile on that Klaus guys face when he was cranking up the volume during a VanHalen guitar solo. Pretty cool

Yup, had loads of fun this year.

I know there was some debate about this show versus others. Frankly, I think this one was one of my favorites. I think if I were a vendor, I would have wanted more foot traffic (and more greenbacks coming out of wallets), but as a member with a member room, I thought it was terrific. Not too crazy/crowded, and very few periods of no foot traffic in the room. And, I'm sure the rooms that had more novel items or more DIY stuff probably had more foot traffic than my room, which I'd assume was welcome as well by those hosts.

All in all, a great weekend to catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, hear some great tunes, see some new gear and appreciate the vintage stuff, and just have some fun. Another great job by our hosts and hostesses with the most and mostestess! :D:thmbsp:

Yup, had loads of fun this year.

I know there was some debate about this show versus others. Frankly, I think this one was one of my favorites. I think if I were a vendor, I would have wanted more foot traffic (and more greenbacks coming out of wallets), but as a member with a member room, I thought it was terrific. Not too crazy/crowded, and very few periods of no foot traffic in the room. And, I'm sure the rooms that had more novel items or more DIY stuff probably had more foot traffic than my room, which I'd assume was welcome as well by those hosts.

All in all, a great weekend to catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, hear some great tunes, see some new gear and appreciate the vintage stuff, and just have some fun. Another great job by our hosts and hostesses with the most and mostestess! :D:thmbsp:

Agreed!
And it was great to finally meet you.

Best part of the fest for me hands down was meeting some new folks, chatted with Clay for a bit with Mark while listening to Eriks new Scott 299d ( suped up by the Scott guru no less) on speakers designed and built by Ray, also had time to meet Jery, Mark, couple different ones actually.............. had some time to meet old friends and catch up on time past!!! Oh, and got treated to some of Bills Guacamole and Cheescake, OMG was it ever gooooooooood!!!!!! Better yet was sittin down spendin some time gettin to know the man himself, was great to meet you finally Bill!!! So many people so little time, there were tons of other folks that I know I am missin here ( memory ain't what it used to be..............) two things that stood out music wise for me from this fest, number 1--bookshelf size speakers puttin out AMAZING sound, they had all the dynamics and imaging that I have heard from bookshelfs for years but they could fill up a room with lots of clean booming sound, incredible realy!!! Number 2-- Digital sound has come friggin lite years from even two years ago at the last Fest, absolutley stunning sound, pretty damned close to vinyl( trust me when I tell you I NEVER thought I would utter those words) I will be investigating digital with a bit more passion after what I heard at the Fest for sure!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom