Just curious

Dire McCain

If the voltage on opamp or IC or transistor pins in circuit check out to spec, does this necessarily mean that the component is functioning properly? Conversely, does a bad reading necessarily indicate the component chip is faulty? I think I know the answers, but since my brain has shrunk, I want to ask someone else..ha

f the voltage on opamp or IC or transistor pins in circuit check out to spec, does this necessarily mean that the component is functioning properly? Conversely, does a bad reading necessarily indicate the component chip is faulty?
Yes........ No..........Perhaps.........Possibly...........:biggrin:

Audio or logic IC? Some logic switching ic's don't get activated until something else sends a signal thus 'and or nor' logic ic's are sort of momentary on /off but voltage to said ic would show inactive on a dmm until x event happens.

That should 'shrink' your brain some more? :D Very common symptom among the DIY addicted community.

Long story...njm4558DXn op amp related to power meters...both meters now inop...meter driver IC exhibits proper voltage on all 9 pins, including power coming in...opamp, as I undetstand it, feeds to both meters...one half of the 8-pin op amp each...voltage coming in to one pin of the opamp is correct..one is not...very low...there seems to be a bum transistor in the circuit...emiter should be 21.5...reads 5.1...
...naturally, I replaced the wrong damned transistor...waiting on a new one that is correct...hence the shrinking brain..first time I've been wrong about anything since January...right...

Back
Top Bottom