Just finished dynamic duo - pics

Marantz2270

I was concerned that I could not match the led lighting of a 2270 through aged vellum, and a 5220 decks' meters but i think i got it. One pic shows the original meter lighting on the left with leds on the right. Its in the livingroom with a pair of ESS AMT-3 Rock Monitors and I am loving recording from fm like I did 30 years ago. Still two uncompressed stations out here, and sometime they even play lps. What do you think? Too cramped? Too Low? There is a laptop power supply that caused fm noise through the coax cramped in there as well as an rf remote ipod dock. I moved the power supply to the side and and its' fine now. Thanks Don, If you are looking for me I'll be over here in the 70's.:banana:/B]

Attachments

• CIMG6871.JPG
    CIMG6871.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG6881.JPG
    CIMG6881.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 55
  • CIMG6883.JPG
    CIMG6883.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 53
  • CIMG6884.JPG
    CIMG6884.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG6887.JPG
    CIMG6887.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 50
As long as you can reach them, I'd say your fine. However, that amp might get hot (probably will, especially if you have a weekend home concert:music:) and if it can't vent I'd get it the heck out of there before something burns up. The tape deck is probably fine. I'd watch the amp, especially if you are going to play it for hours. Anyway, nice rig, looks great at night doesn't it? Cheers!

TC

I think your stand is pretty neat! I was kinda wondering about the ventilation thing myself. It's pretty in the daytime too!

love those lights!! If that table is open on all four sides I would think that you would get better cooling than being inside a stereo cabinet. Perhaps laying a thermometer in there to check how hot it get would be a good idea.

Doesn't look like there is enough ventilation space there for the receiver, UNLESS, perhaps, you add a small external fan (maybe a computer fan, or even two, hidden in the back) to increase airflow through whatever air gap exists there.

Of course, you could also put the amp on top of the table/rack, but that would be aesthetically less pleasing.

Otherwise, looks great... and I'm sure it sounds great, too!

Doesn't look like there is enough ventilation space there for the receiver, UNLESS, perhaps, you add a small external fan (maybe a computer fan, or even two, hidden in the back) to increase airflow through whatever air gap exists there.

Of course, you could also put the amp on top of the table/rack, but that would be aesthetically less pleasing.

Otherwise, looks great... and I'm sure it sounds great, too!

Nice! I cant wait for mine to show up.
waiting..............waiting...............waiting:grnbounce

Yes, the little table has ventilation through open hinged ironwork, I think you can see in my signature pic. I'll keep feeling her (ha) even though she's seen a few parties pushing the jbls, the ess are 6 ohms. Next party is at the end of this month. My wife hosts the L.I. Dinner group on meetup .com and all AKers are invited. I'm serious, check it out online, the New York Times actually reviewed our party once. Leave it to me to turn her parties into a marantz lovefest.

Back
Top Bottom