Just fooling with my camera

BlackSwamp

Previously DingusBoy
Fooling with my camera & G-33000

the bottom of a G-33000 (power amp half) if anyone cares:

Last edited:
How about some more pics of that Huge mutha

How about pics of the output meters in action?;)

(We're working on that one...previous owner was a gOOb and apparently thought he knew something about electronics 'n chit.) :rolleyes:

Bully, 12 in the power amp half. A couple more in the Pre.

EW, I have a feeling they will be moving (and not by hand) sometime soon.

Grumpy, I was hoping someone would ask. Here goes, just keep in mind I'm no photographer.

First one is a picture of the Front end of the Preamp, my 1280 gives a nice size comparision.

This picture is pure show-off (actually they all are as it's not working) That's John Hiatt's new CD sitting on the left transformer.

The speaker is a JBL 4311B. Functional but the guy who owned them (he also owned the G-33000) replaced the original tweets and siliconed in the new ones. :rolleyes:

Here is the Front of the Power amp. The Output Trannies are removed (8 per channel) 5 on the right Channel tested bad.

It can be displayed (panche factor) or bolted to the Preamp to make one huge unit.

And Finally, If you hook the two together you have to plug everything else in somewhere so all the inputs, speakers connector etc. are located on the sides.

An Example:

Gawda-mighty! A true dinosaur!

Like the dinosaurs, now we all know WHY the super-heavyweight receivers went the way of the auk.
To dadgummed big to be handled, and where d'ya put the thing?
Before I got the G-9700 (a pipsqueak compared to that big thing), I had made some racks that were *more* than comfortably wide. Nope, not enough for the G-9700. It had to go on the top shelf where the tt was supposed to sit.
These four 160-watters I have are more than big enough, almost to big sometimes to move about.
I know there is the foreground/background thing going in the photos with the 1280, but JEEEEZZZZ ... :eek:

That thing is a monster! Beautiful!!! Wow, I would love to own one of those! Nice pics. Any change of the thing working again? I suppose that is your plan...

Ken

The preamp is basically functional. I hooked it up to the jumpers in the 1280, some lights are out and I've yet to test the phono section, but it works well. The fm tuner section is impressive, I'm picking up stuff I can't get with anything else.

Trouble shooting of the power amp has been continuing. Couldn't get a relay to engage. Turns out it was an open resistor, I jumped that last night (it was an enlightening experience) and the relay worked. Now I can see what's going on behind it.

I've become quite intimate with my MM. :smsex:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom