Just got a Dual 1015 but .......Now it has SME head shell :)

Man she looks GREAT!!!!

31966266148_27b8f9e5c3_h.jpg

30897477017_a2ad48627c_h.jpg

30897477147_fcbb63c27c_h.jpg

30897792587_f14bf9344c_h.jpg

From the looks of it, you could almost rotate the head shell 180* and not run the big spacer.
If so, I'd very carefully lay out, drill, and re-pin it. If your head shell isn't a candidate, I'm sure you could find ones that would work and could be made to look good.
You'd have to either remove or re-locate the finger hold; I've seen removable ones that go under the cartridge hardware.

From the looks of it, you could almost rotate the head shell 180* and not run the big spacer.
If so, I'd very carefully lay out, drill, and re-pin it. If your head shell isn't a candidate, I'm sure you could find ones that would work and could be made to look good.
You'd have to either remove or re-locate the finger hold; I've seen removable ones that go under the cartridge hardware.

Nope, cant do it.

s-l1600.jpg

Aha! I was thinking SME=straight.
I was wondering why it was being called an SME headshell to begin with? First off set headshell on a straight tonearm was ADC - similar ones were made by many Japanese companies, but none with this collar type mounting. This is the first one I've come across...
Oh yes - Excellent job (and thread) :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom