Just got a Nano

sandoz

Kaliedescope Eggplant
Well the shop I work at just got some nano's. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow, so I picked one up. Just spent 5 hours going through my collection and created a 24+ hour playlist for my travels. Yes I know it is compressed but it is nice to know I have the truncated comforts of home while I am gone. Never had a ipod so I will have to get used to the whole interface, which seems quite simple. Anyways, I am excited to not have to change out a minidisc after an hour or so. If anyone cares, I will post how I feel about this slab of electronics when I have used it for my travels! :scratch2:

Yeah, definitely keep us in tune. I'm considering asking for a Nano this Xms and I'd enjoy hearing an honest review or two on it. Never had an iPod, much less any other MP3 player. iPod's a natural choice for me since my new PC has iTunes on it.

Only caveat I've heard so far is that the display scratches REALLY easily, but if you've got a cover, you're, uh, covered.

On my way out the door post! :D This thing is really cool. I've got 36 hours on the 2GB one (used 1.8 gigs). Really easy to use and instant access to whatever you've dumped on it. Sounds really damn good to! My friends warned me about getting one and now I know why most people are addicted to them. The best part is that my Mcintosh C28 has a tape input on the front! :thmbsp: How about that forward thinking! LOL Cheers,
Dave

The scratching problem is so bad that one buyer ruined the display using an old, soft t-shirt to clean it.

Apple has already agreed to replace any Nano with screen scratching problems at no charge.

Well, it has been a while and I haven't used the ipod since I got back from vacation. But while I was away I used it everyday. I know all the cynical lurkers out there probably view this post just for a laugh! Regardless to what you may think, it is an incredible piece of technology. You can store a nice amount of music for travel or recreation. I must say that I didn't get nearly the hours of battery life that is stated (clicker off, backlighting to 2 seconds, not much use of the wheel - before you start pointing fingers). Still, I can't wait to use it snowboarding. Next spring, I plan to get an Otter Box to use for listening to music while I am kayaking at the play park next to my house. I guess if you just glue your glutious to some object in your house the ipod might not be for you. If you need your music on the go, an ipod is a sanity saver! Now when I take off on a road trip, my Nano will be so much more unobtrusive than a stack of cd's or minidiscs. I love great sound as much as the next guy but I'll take my Nano loaded up on a road trip or powder day over listening to tourons on walkie talkies looking for their friends. The fact that you don't have to compress files is a big plus (obviously not with my 2G model). Hence why my girlfriend will get the Nano and down the line I will get a 60G model. Airport Express is in the future and I will be digi outing and using WiFi to satisfy some late night listening. It won't take the place of all my other gear but it has alot of potential with just having fun with music when I am away from my gear and my collection. As a side note to a former post, my Nano is scratched up big time! My honest living alludes to rough digits. I am not going out on the runway anytime soon, so I am not worried about presentation! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom