just got g-9700 at a shop

Chris11123

Hey all just picked up a huge g-9700 at the local shop after waiting like a year for the owner not to show up, the guy said it needs a couple transitors he wrote down:

2SA1116
2SC2607
1-RESISTER

right now its not powering up but i got it pretty cheap so i figure its worth it to fix. Anyone know where to get these? thanks for the help

The transistor numbers are power output devices. I've about given up on locating original Jap transistors after getting burned by counterfeit devices, and more-or-less resigned myself to using On-Semi outputs. MJ21193's and MJ21194's would work well here. But the 9700 has four outputs per-channel, and for current sharing all would have to be replaced in the bad channel (and preferably all the outputs in both channels).

There's more than a couple of resistors in that thing. However, if the outputs blew, the driver boards need to be throroughly checked over for dead components and fried resistors. Sansui loved those fused resistors, and usually 3 or 4 open up when an output device blows.

Unless he gave you specific instructions on what to do (doubtful), then you need to get the amp to someone to finish the job properly.

how much would you charge to repair them i know you restore sansui amps/recivers i might take it to audiolabs in harvard sq and get quote not sure how much he would ask though.

PM me if you want 'semi-specifics'. If you got someone local you trust, by all means check 'em out. Shipping is always a PITA, and from MA that bad boy will probably cost $25 (FedEx Ground) to ship to Kansas City each way (if packed right).

I might add that I just did a 8700 (very similar) and was quite impressed.

If you want it done right... (and in a bit less than a year) ;)

Originally posted by LBPete
Those Sankin transistors are available as genuine NOS from Woodang.

http://www.woodang.net/Transistors.htm

- Pete
Everyone else I ordered the fakes from claimed they were 'honest Injun' originals too...

Originally posted by EchoWars
Everyone else I ordered the fakes from claimed they were 'honest Injun' originals too...

Yeah, its hard to tell, but check this guy out. I don't see any reason to doubt him.

- Pete

2SC2607 SANKEN NPN, TO-3 200V, 15A, 150W $15.00
Yikes!! Three times the price of the On-Semi devices. By God, they ought to be original!!!:eek:

(as a rule of thumb, when someone wants more than about $8 - $10 for a transistor, I begin to look for other options..but yeah, I've broken that rule a few times)

yeah the reason it wasnt repaired local is because the guy said he couldnt find the parts so it just sat for a long time. The guy at the shop says he would want 80 bucks just to get in there but i dont really know if id bring it back to him, ill pm you after i write this echowars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom