Just got home!!!

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2004' started by Fisherdude, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Fisherdude

Fisherdude Regular Dude - Super Mod Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

For everyone who couldn't make it...WOW!!!

What a fabulous day!

Got the chance to meet Kam, and Grumpy, and Wards,

And Botrytis, and Fishstink, and PunkerX, and NOSValves, and Reel-to-Reel, and so many more, (and several SO's!)...

The sign-in book had over 40 names the last time I checked, and more were still coming in!

Got to watch EchoWars do his magic live and in person on a big Sansui...

Met BrianB and got to listen to some gorgeous gear and speakers...

John Wolff from Classic Audio Reproductions brought a pair of the most amazing speakers I've ever heard, CAR's Project T5.5's...

Can life get any better than listening to "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" on a pair of PunkerX's MA-5's and Ohms at about 120 db???...

NOSValves brought Klipsch LaScala's and Chorus II's, big KT-88 amps, and that amazing little 8-watter!!

Now I'm all motivated for next year! You know, I might be able to bring some vintage tube gear, say a Fisher 400 and a 500C, and if my wife will let me take her Explorer, I could bring my Klipsch KG-4's...this could take some serious planning!

Hey Grumpy...a new record! Hotel parking lot to my driveway in Naperville: 4 hours 50 minutes TOTAL time, INCLUDING stopping for gas and a snack, and I swear I never went more than +9 mph over the speed limit!

For next year, guys, you need to put this on your list. Save up miles, butter up your wife, do whatever you need to do.

For Kam, and Grumpy, and Wards, guys, it was more than I ever thought it would be. Thanks for all your hard work and planning, and the wings were terrific!!

Clay :ntwrthy:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MikE

MikE Color Me Gone

"a new record!"

Yeah, I "flew" home. Cutting 45 munites off my drive up! Glad you made it home safe. MikE

3. JimiJohnB

JimiJohnB Active Member

Hey Fisher,

What is the 'exact' name of those CAR's you listened to and liked so much? I've never heard of them myself so wanted to look up some info on the net but am having difficulty finding 'em.

4. Fisherdude

Here you go...

Classic Audio Reproductions

www.classicaudiorepro.com

The speakers that John demo'ed were the Project T-5.5's.

List, $9,600.00.

Other than the bookshelf style, I believe these are the LEAST expensive in the line. The T-1's and T-3's are in the mid-teens, and the TOTL's are near $20K.

They sure sounded great!
    Clay

5. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

"John Wolff from Classic Audio Reproductions brought a pair of the most amazing speakers I've ever heard, CAR's Project T5.5's"

That seems to be the correct name; but when you go to the CAR site there's no info (there's a link on the AK Fest 2004 homepage). At least, I didn't find any; maybe they were a prototype of a new model?. There are some pics in another post; one even shows Nipper with the data card price tag ($9,600). The link should point you in the right direction for more info.

PS, I'll second that quote above. Knockouts!!

6. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Wasn't that a hoot - playing 'Brickhouse' as loud as we possibly can on PunkerX's Ohm I speakers - that was one of the highlights!!!

Echowars is a maniac!! He is soooo dedicated to his craft - I am impressed!! :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy:

Dave

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Fisherdude

8. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

One out of two ain't bad...;)